DATATHON 2023: THE 5TH EDITION OF THE BIG DATA & ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE CHALLENGE
Students of the MSc Big Data, Marketing & Management and MSc Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics took part in this two-day challenge. They had to develop and present a solution in record time, with the support and supervision of experts from TNP Consultants and lecturers from TBS Education.
CONSOLIDATING OUR STUDENTS’ EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
The 5th edition of the Datathon kicked off on March 15 for 48 hours of intense competition!
Students from the MSc Big Data, Marketing & Management and the MSc Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics and, for the first time, students from the University of Galway, faced off for a new challenge.
They addressed a problem posed by our partner, TNP Consultants, a firm specializing in business consulting, which took on the role of client. The theme of this 2023 edition: fraud in the motor insurance industry.
Each year, the Datathon broadens our students’ horizons by putting them in contact with top firms from the world of Big Data and artificial intelligence, who set them a real-life challenge.
The Datathon is a genuine teaching tool that allows TBS Education’s students to put into practice the theoretical and technical skills they’ve acquired on the course. It also gives them the chance to deal with a complex, real-life situation in deliberately unusual conditions (strict time limits, in closed session) and to test their aptitude for working and problem-solving as a team.
During the Datathon, we expect to see the students behaving professionally and showing their capacity to deepen complex subjects. What’s more, collaborating with TBS Education means we can establish a win-win partnership while working on high value-added topics while making use of each other’s expertise.
Riyad Linoussi, Head Of UX & Innovation – PO, DATA & Transformation
Thanks to their training and to hands-on experience, students graduate from the course with a culture around Big Data and AI that enables them to solve operational problems and also become essential links in their firm’s decision-making chain.
Data has become an indispensable resource for companies and plays a critical role in their development and innovation strategies. The primary mission of our MSc programs is to develop in our students a new data DNA combining marketing, information technologies, statistical analysis and artificial intelligence.
Kevin Carillo, Associate professor in Big Data & Information Systems
Our students share their experiences
MORE THAN 100 SPECIALIZATION OPTIONS ON OUR GRANDE ECOLE PROGRAM
100% of students on TBS Education’s Master in Management Program obtain a double degree each year.
Double degrees enrich TBS Education students’ skills and expertise in order to fulfil a double demand:
- a demand from companies seeking hybrid profiles: young graduates with multiple skills that are complementary or connected to the original degree and whose commitment and motivation have been confirmed by rigorous selection and a demanding course of study,
- a demand from students who see the options for complementary courses and double degrees as a distinctive criterion in their choice of school.
This means our students have the option of building a bespoke profile and gaining specific skills thanks to our choice of more than 100 double degrees:
- an MSc in their chosen field, to be pursued on one of our campuses in Toulouse, Paris, Barcelona or Casablanca,
- a degree delivered by one of TBS Education’s partner universities / schools in France or overseas,
- a Higher Degree in Accountancy and Management (DSCG, Diplôme Supérieur en Comptabilité et Gestion) in partnership with one of the big names in auditing (EY, KPMG, Mazars and PWC)