TBS Education offers two doctoral programs:
- The PhD degree is designed for students who aim to become teachers and researchers
- The DBA degree is a doctoral degree for managers and executives who already have significant working experience in companies.
TBS Education is one of the rare French business schools to associate with a Doctoral Management School, in our case the TSM Ecole Doctorale Sciences de Gestion of the Toulouse 1 Capitole University. In this context, we offer our Master in Management students the opportunity to first obtain a double degree as Master of Science & Master in Management, which then allows them to start working on a doctoral thesis.
To supervise your thesis, a large number of TBS Education professors hold the French HDR degree (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches). The TBS Education HDR professors can also supervise theses from the Doctoral School of Aeronautics and Astronautics (Ecole Doctorale Aéronautique et Astronautique), another doctoral school that belongs to the Toulouse University.
What is a doctoral degree ?
A doctoral degree is one of the highest university degrees in France. It allows you to obtain eight years of training after high school, as thesis work generally requires three years.
You’ll find more information about the doctoral program at the Doctoral School of Management Science of Toulouse 1 Capitole University following the link below:
Why take a doctoral degree?
- The TBS Education Doctoral Program trains students in research practices so they can establish a thesis in order to become teachers, researchers, high-level consultants or executive managers in international institutions.
- The program also trainsFormer par la recherche en exerçant les étudiants aux démarches scientifiques. Ces démarches sont utilisées non seulement dans le domaine de la recherche académique, mais également dans la recherche appliquée mise en œuvre par les cabinets de consultants, les sociétés d’études, les banques, les institutions internationales, les organismes publics.
- Solid basis knowledge in Management
- High work capacity
- Personal aptitude: curiosity, openmindedness, analysis and synthesis skills…
- High interest in research and teaching
- Research and teaching
- Consulting and research companies, banking sector
TBS Education Professors with the HDR Degree
- AL ARISS Akram – Human Resources Management
- ALCOUFFE Simon – Accounting, Control, Audit
- BARRON Andrew – International Marketing
- BERTRANDIAS Laurent – Marketing – Consumer Behavior
- BOITIER Marie – Accounting, Control, Audit
- BOURJADE Sylvain – Finance
- BOUTARY Martine – Strategy
- CANTA Chiara – Economics
- CARILLO Kevin – Information technology
- CURRAN Louise – Strategy
- DECAUDIN Jean-Marc – Marketing
- DIGOUT Jacques – Marketing
- DOS SANTOS PAULINO Victor – Space Industry Marketing
- GERMAIN Laurent – Finance
- FAVOREU Christophe – Entrepreneurship & strategy
- FOSSO WAMBA Samuel – Information systems – Big Data
- KHLIF Wafa – Accounting, Control, Audit
- KLARSFELD Alain – Human Resources Management
- LACOSTE Denis – Strategy
- LAFFORGUE Gilles – Finance
- LAVIOLETTE Eric Mickaël – Company strategy
- MALAVAL Philippe – Marketing
- MITRAILLE Sébastien – Industrial Organisation
- RIVIERE Anne – Discourse and systems of management control during organisational and social change
- ROUGE Luc – Non-renewable resources and long-term environmental policies
- SNIHUR Yuliya – Business Models
- STOLIN David – Corporate Governance
- VANHEMS Anne – Statistics and Econometrics
For more information
For more information on the Doctoral School, admission requirements, selection processes, study programs, practical details and thesis funding possibilities or to submit your application, please contact:
Pascale BUENO MERINO – Director of Research
Research Department – email@example.com
Research article — When Is CEO Activism Conducive to the Democratic Process?
This article complements the predominantly instrumentally oriented literature on CEO activism and contributes, more broadly, to the literature that explores the normative dimensions of corporate political involvement, as well as to a growing strand of research that draws on philosophical theory to inform business leaders’ ethical decision-making.
Research article — Managing my shame: Investigating the effects of organizational identity threat and public service motivation on exemplification
The present study investigates how public employees make sense of and react to threatening events that may call into question organization's core attributes and status.
Research article — Early-career academic engagement in university–industry collaborative PhDs: Research orientation and project performance
This study sheds light on an understudied area of academic engagement and highlights the significance of considering research orientation and students' taste for science or industry when developing university-industry collaborations. This has implications for PhD supervisors, PhD students, their industrial partners, and policymakers.
Financial Times 2023: TBS Education’s Global Executive MBA ranks 62nd best in the world
The Financial Times has published its annual ranking of the world's top 100 Executive MBAs. This year, TBS Education's Global Executive MBA moved up 12 places, confirming its growth momentum and ranking 62nd.
Research article — The resistance toward COVID-19 contact tracing apps: A study of psychological reactance among young adults in Italy
We investigate how and when threats to freedom posed by government-imposed containment measures to young adults reduce their contact tracing apps (CTAs) adoption intentions.
Research article — Are both generative AI and ChatGPT game changers for 21st-Century operations and supply chain excellence?
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
This study investigates the benefits, challenges, and trends associated with Gen-AI/ChatGPT in O&SCM.
Research article — Entry mode diversity and closing commercial deals with international customers: The moderating role of advanced servitization
As the importance of servitization and service-augmented solution delivery grows into a mainstream phenomenon for manufacturers, offering theoretically founded avenues to solve their specific internationalization challenges is necessary.
Research article — Data-driven market effectiveness: The role of a sustained customer analytics capability in business operations
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
This study's objective is to investigate how a business can achieve data-driven market effectiveness through the sustained application of a customer analytics capability to its operations.
Financial Times 2023 ranking: TBS Education ranks 37th among the world’s business schools
Inspiring EducationMaster In Management
n September 11, 2023, the Financial Times published its international ranking of Masters in Management. TBS Education moves up 13 places to rank among the world's top Management Schools.
Research article — Sustainability and intermodality in humanitarian logistics: A two-stage multi-objective programming formulation: a two-stage multi-objective programming formulation
Intermodality is a valuable approach when infrastructure is damaged, as it allows the use of different delivery modes to reach demand areas. Nevertheless, involving different transportation modes has an impact on the environment.
Research article — Human resource management in the age of generative artificial intelligence: Perspectives and research directions on ChatGPT
Research article — Does Resilience Matter for Supply Chain Performance in Disruptive Crises with Scarce Resources?
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
Research article — Advances in entrepreneurial ecosystem and places: time, space and context
Research article — The Organizational Dynamics of Business Models for Sustainability: Discursive and Cognitive Pathways for Change
See all the news