TBS offers two doctoral programs:
- The PhD degree is designed for students who aim to become teachers and researchers
- The DBA degree is a doctoral degree for managers and executives who already have significant working experience in companies.
TBS Education is one of the rare French business schools to associate with a Doctoral Management School, in our case the TSM Ecole Doctorale Sciences de Gestion of the Toulouse 1 Capitole University. In this context, we offer our Master in Management students the opportunity to first obtain a double degree as Master of Science & Master in Management, which then allows them to start working on a doctoral thesis.
To supervise your thesis, a large number of TBS professors hold the French HDR degree (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches). The TBS HDR professors can also supervise theses from the Doctoral School of Aeronautics and Astronautics (Ecole Doctorale Aéronautique et Astronautique), another doctoral school that belongs to the Toulouse University.
What is a doctoral degree ?
A doctoral degree is one of the highest university degrees in France. It allows you to obtain eight years of training after high school, as thesis work generally requires three years.
You’ll find more information about the doctoral program at the Doctoral School of Management Science of Toulouse 1 Capitole University following the link below:
Why take a doctoral degree?
- The TBS Doctoral Program trains students in research practices so they can establish a thesis in order to become teachers, researchers, high-level consultants or executive managers in international institutions.
- The program also trainsFormer par la recherche en exerçant les étudiants aux démarches scientifiques. Ces démarches sont utilisées non seulement dans le domaine de la recherche académique, mais également dans la recherche appliquée mise en œuvre par les cabinets de consultants, les sociétés d’études, les banques, les institutions internationales, les organismes publics.
- Solid basis knowledge in Management
- High work capacity
- Personal aptitude: curiosity, openmindedness, analysis and synthesis skills…
- High interest in research and teaching
- Research and teaching
- Consulting and research companies, banking sector
TBS Professors with the HDR Degree
- AL ARISS Akram – Human Resources Management
- ALCOUFFE Simon – Accounting, Control, Audit
- BARRON Andrew – International Marketing
- BERTRANDIAS Laurent – Marketing – Consumer Behavior
- BOITIER Marie – Accounting, Control, Audit
- BOURJADE Sylvain – Finance
- BOUTARY Martine – Strategy
- CANTA Chiara – Economics
- CARILLO Kevin – Information technology
- CURRAN Louise – Strategy
- DECAUDIN Jean-Marc – Marketing
- DIGOUT Jacques – Marketing
- DOS SANTOS PAULINO Victor – Space Industry Marketing
- GERMAIN Laurent – Finance
- FAVOREU Christophe – Entrepreneurship & strategy
- FOSSO WAMBA Samuel – Information systems – Big Data
- KHLIF Wafa – Accounting, Control, Audit
- KLARSFELD Alain – Human Resources Management
- LACOSTE Denis – Strategy
- LAFFORGUE Gilles – Finance
- LAVIOLETTE Eric Mickaël – Company strategy
- MALAVAL Philippe – Marketing
- MITRAILLE Sébastien – Industrial Organisation
- RIVIERE Anne – Discourse and systems of management control during organisational and social change
- ROUGE Luc – Non-renewable resources and long-term environmental policies
- SNIHUR Yuliya – Business Models
- STOLIN David – Corporate Governance
- VANHEMS Anne – Statistics and Econometrics
For more information
For more information on the Doctoral School, admission requirements, selection processes, study programs, practical details and thesis funding possibilities or to submit your application, please contact:
Pascale BUENO MERINO – Director of Research
Research Department – firstname.lastname@example.org
TBS Summer School Programs 2022 Webinar
TBS Summer School Info Session - May 24th: Join the TBS Summer School Programs staff for a live session and learn about how you can earn ECTS credits, learn about business & management and enjoy awesome summer activities!
Inspiring stories from NO IMPACT Week at TBS
TBS Education becomes a mission-led company
A TBS Student elected as the official representative of the Toulouse student consortium at European level for the UNIVERSEH project
Congratulations to our student Marie Phan-Thanh (TBS MSc Aerospace student), who was elected on March 24th, as the official representative of the Toulouse student consortium at European level for the UNIVERSEH project. She will be in charge of representing the interests of all Toulouse students to her European counterparts.
Escadrille, crowned best Junior-Enterprise in Europe
Virtual Information Forum -Lycées Français à l’Etranger
International Academic Seminar Series kick off for 2022
The TBS Education team wins the 2nd place of the CFA Research Challenge
Inspiring EducationMaster In Management
TBS launches the MSc Digital Transformation & Business Innovation
FINCAP, an unprecedented finance research project
Finance & Performance ManagementFinance, Economics and EconometricsResearch
TBS Foundation: 209 solidarity scholarships to support students
Top 5 reasons to join TBS Master in Management
Master In Management
Are universities echo chambers wedded to H-indices over scholarly engagement?
TBS Center of Excellence wins the MRSEI call for proposals
See all the news