TBS offers two doctoral programs:
- The PhD degree is designed for students who aim to become teachers and researchers
- The DBA degree is a doctoral degree for managers and executives who already have significant working experience in companies.
TBS Education is one of the rare French business schools to associate with a Doctoral Management School, in our case the TSM Ecole Doctorale Sciences de Gestion of the Toulouse 1 Capitole University. In this context, we offer our Master in Management students the opportunity to first obtain a double degree as Master of Science & Master in Management, which then allows them to start working on a doctoral thesis.
To supervise your thesis, a large number of TBS professors hold the French HDR degree (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches). The TBS HDR professors can also supervise theses from the Doctoral School of Aeronautics and Astronautics (Ecole Doctorale Aéronautique et Astronautique), another doctoral school that belongs to the Toulouse University.
What is a doctoral degree ?
A doctoral degree is one of the highest university degrees in France. It allows you to obtain eight years of training after high school, as thesis work generally requires three years.
You’ll find more information about the doctoral program at the Doctoral School of Management Science of Toulouse 1 Capitole University following the link below:
Why take a doctoral degree?
- The TBS Doctoral Program trains students in research practices so they can establish a thesis in order to become teachers, researchers, high-level consultants or executive managers in international institutions.
- The program also trainsFormer par la recherche en exerçant les étudiants aux démarches scientifiques. Ces démarches sont utilisées non seulement dans le domaine de la recherche académique, mais également dans la recherche appliquée mise en œuvre par les cabinets de consultants, les sociétés d’études, les banques, les institutions internationales, les organismes publics.
- Solid basis knowledge in Management
- High work capacity
- Personal aptitude: curiosity, openmindedness, analysis and synthesis skills…
- High interest in research and teaching
- Research and teaching
- Consulting and research companies, banking sector
TBS Professors with the HDR Degree
- AL ARISS Akram – Human Resources Management
- ALCOUFFE Simon – Accounting, Control, Audit
- BARRON Andrew – International Marketing
- BERTRANDIAS Laurent – Marketing – Consumer Behavior
- BOITIER Marie – Accounting, Control, Audit
- BOURJADE Sylvain – Finance
- BOUTARY Martine – Strategy
- BUENO MERINO Pascale – SME Entrepreneurship
- CANTA Chiara – Economics
- CARILLO Kevin – Information technology
- CURRAN Louise – Strategy
- DECAUDIN Jean-Marc – Marketing
- DIGOUT Jacques – Marketing
- DOS SANTOS PAULINO Victor – Space Industry Marketing
- GERMAIN Laurent – Finance
- FAVOREU Christophe – Entrepreneurship & strategy
- FOSSO WAMBA Samuel – Information systems – Big Data
- KHLIF Wafa – Accounting, Control, Audit
- KLARSFELD Alain – Human Resources Management
- LACOSTE Denis – Strategy
- LAFFORGUE Gilles – Finance
- LAVIOLETTE Eric Mickaël – Company strategy
- MALAVAL Philippe – Marketing
- MITRAILLE Sébastien – Industrial Organisation
- RIVIERE Anne – Discourse and systems of management control during organisational and social change
- ROUGE Luc – Non-renewable resources and long-term environmental policies
- SNIHUR Yuliya – Business Models
- STOLIN David – Corporate Governance
- VANHEMS Anne – Statistics and Econometrics
For more information
For more information on the Doctoral School, admission requirements, selection processes, study programs, practical details and thesis funding possibilities or to submit your application, please contact:
Pascale BUENO MERINO – Director of Research
Research Department – email@example.com
TBS Center of Excellence wins the MRSEI call for proposals
Financial Times Top 100 : An 11 places leap for the TBS Global Executive MBA!!
Executive EducationInspiring EducationMBA
Barcelona, a new campus for an even more inspiring experience
Webinar “AI Day”
BachelorMaster In Management
Best Of France – Education Event (Canada)
From 05.10.21 to 06.10.21
Meet us at Best Of France Education Event (Canada)
2021 EEFT European Study Talk (Taïwan)
Meet us at EEFT European Study Talk (Taïwan)
Back to school 2021: 11 new professors
Innovative teachingInspiring EducationProfessor
Back to school 2021
Looking for the start dates of your program at TBS? Here you'll find all the information you need
TBS International Business Programs in MOCI TOP 10
From 08.07.21 to 08.07.21
French international business magazine Le Moniteur du Commerce International (MOCI) puts the spotlight on some of TBS's most popular international business programs in their 2021 guide.
Responsible Higher Education – Call for Proposals
From 13.10.21 to 15.10.21
Survey: Does teleworking change the very notion of work ?
TBS researchers Kévin Carillo and Alain Klarsfeld have prepared a new survey to learn more about the conditions that make for efficient teleworking while respecting professionals, in collaboration with the University of Montréal and Laval University in Canada.
Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective
The TBS Center of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics and the TBS Research Center are proud to invite you to the online seminar on Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective with Dr Ulrike Gretzel
See all the news