Research at TBS Education
How we see Research at TBS Education
Here at TBS Education, we consider research to be the nerve center of our educational ecosystem. In fact, research is the driving force behind TBS Education’s top-level higher education to help students acquire differentiating skills and knowhow. By combining our international dimension with the strength of our local roots, TBS Education provides a particularly fertile and stimulating environment to establish the perfect balance between academic excellence and research impact on students and business communities. Our professors are highly committed to new knowledge production to nourish the various fields of management.
- Our research work guarantees that our students‘ curriculum is enriched with the latest knowledge, which is one of the stepping stones towards professional integration and success.
- The results of our research help businesses and institutions improve their economic and social efficiency.
In order to meet the academic requirements of national and international accreditors, the research conducted at TBS Education has 4 main objectives:
- Publish research articles in the best French and international journals, reference books and case studies and attend the most prestigious scientific conferences.
- Broadly disseminate the results of research:
- Internally, for the benefit of our students, in order to continuously improve the content of our existing programs and to foster the emergence of new programs that tackle the new challenges managers and entrepreneurs have to face.
- Externally, by popularizing the scientific knowledge gathered by our professors (published in the specialized press), by developing collaborative research projects with external partners (chairs, research contracts, European funds, etc.) and by organizing events for practitioners.
- Develop the DBA and PhD doctoral programs. The PhD is aimed primarily at students who seek to become research professors. The DBA is designed for executives who want to further deepen their professional expertise on the basis of research.
- Develop collaborations with institutional, academic or economic partners in France and abroad. TBS Education has developed collaborative research projects, such as the Sirius Chair, which focuses on management for the aerospace sector, the H2020 GLOMO project for employee mobility in Europe, the ADEME-funded “Accountancy and Carbon Footprint Strategies” project for SMEs or the project on the role of COHORTs (human composite robotos) in financial markets, which is financed by the Banque de France Foundation.
TBS Education’s scientific activity is conducted in five research laboratories covering all major management disciplines. Collective research is conducted within these laboratories. They also regularly organize high-level scientific events bringing together many researchers.
- Accounting, Control and Performance Management
- Entrepreneurship and Strategy
- Finance, Economics and Econometrics
- Social & Innovation Marketing
- Work, Employment and Health
External Members of the Research Advisory Board
The Research Advisory board has been created to help us make an objective diagnosis of our performance in terms of research, compare us to the best institutions and define our research strategy. The view of external members is important to help us guide our actions.
The members of this board are appointed for a duration of 3 years. Their main mission is to participate in an annual meeting during which our research activities are evaluated and recommendations are formulated.
External Members of the Research Advisory Board
- BARES Franck – Associate Professor, department of entrepreneurship and Innovation, HEC Montréal.
- BREWSTER Chris – Professor of International Human Resource Management, Henley Business School
- COLLA Paolo – Associate Professor, Department of Finance, Bocconi University, Milano
- CRAWFORD Spence – Professor of Accounting, Vice Dean (Corporate Relations). Co-Director of the FinWork Futures Research Centre, King’s college of London
- FORTIN Marion – Head of Doctoral School of TSE, Toulouse School of Management, University Toulouse 1 Capitole
- HEGE Ulrich – Dean of Toulouse School of Economics, University Toulouse 1 Capitole
- MATTA Shashi – Professor of Innovation and Creativity, Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, WFI Ingolstadt School of Management
- MICHAEL Katina – Arizona State University
- PENAN Hervé – Dean of Toulouse School of Management, University Toulouse 1 Capitole
- POUGET Sébastien – Director of TSE-Partnership, (TSE-TSM) University Toulouse 1 Capitole
TBS Education announces plans for new campus in Toulouse
Innovative teachingInspiring Education
TBS Education EAIE 2024 Partner Day
Make your experience unforgettable by getting more out of your time in France ! Visit TBS Education and immerse yourself in our learning ecosystem. We warmly invite you to discover everything TBS Education offers during our Partner Day on Sept. 16th 2024.
Stéphanie Lavigne named Director of the Year 2023
Academic ExcellenceInspiring Education
TBS EDUCATION SIGNS A CHAIR IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN INDUSTRY WITH APEM
Academic ExcellenceInnovative teaching
TBS EDUCATION MOVES UP A PLACE IN THE FIGARO ÉTUDIANT 2024 BUSINESS SCHOOL RANKING!
TBS EDUCATION MAINTAINS ITS PLACE IN THE TOP 10 BUSINESS SCHOOLS IN L’ETUDIANT’S 2024 RANKING!
TBS EDUCATION, 4TH IN THE HAPPY AT SCHOOL 2023 RANKING
BachelorInspiring EducationMaster In Management
Financial Times European Business Schools 2023: TBS Education Ranks 46Th!
TBS Education confirms its positive momentum by entering the top 50, moving up 9 places to 46th place.
Research article — When Is CEO Activism Conducive to the Democratic Process?
This article complements the predominantly instrumentally oriented literature on CEO activism and contributes, more broadly, to the literature that explores the normative dimensions of corporate political involvement, as well as to a growing strand of research that draws on philosophical theory to inform business leaders’ ethical decision-making.
Research article — Managing my shame: Investigating the effects of organizational identity threat and public service motivation on exemplification
The present study investigates how public employees make sense of and react to threatening events that may call into question organization's core attributes and status.
Research article — Early-career academic engagement in university–industry collaborative PhDs: Research orientation and project performance
This study sheds light on an understudied area of academic engagement and highlights the significance of considering research orientation and students' taste for science or industry when developing university-industry collaborations. This has implications for PhD supervisors, PhD students, their industrial partners, and policymakers.
Financial Times 2023: TBS Education’s Global Executive MBA ranks 62nd best in the world
The Financial Times has published its annual ranking of the world's top 100 Executive MBAs. This year, TBS Education's Global Executive MBA moved up 12 places, confirming its growth momentum and ranking 62nd.
Research article — The resistance toward COVID-19 contact tracing apps: A study of psychological reactance among young adults in Italy
We investigate how and when threats to freedom posed by government-imposed containment measures to young adults reduce their contact tracing apps (CTAs) adoption intentions.
Research article — Are both generative AI and ChatGPT game changers for 21st-Century operations and supply chain excellence?
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
This study investigates the benefits, challenges, and trends associated with Gen-AI/ChatGPT in O&SCM.
See all the news