Teaching & CSR
Training responsible managers
Our goal is to train managers who are aware of the social, societal and environmental issues of the sector in which they will be working. Our graduates develop all the skills required to facilitate the transformation of companies and organisations, in terms of management, leadership and complex decision-making.
Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility in TBS programs
TBS has decided to include the challenges of sustainable development and societal responsibility in all its training programs.
Depending on the programme, students and trainees address these issues through various training approaches:
- Specific academic modules included in the general training program
- Additional training in parallel to the main curriculum
- Support for student involvement in initiatives linked to social and environmental responsibility
- The mandatory cycle of CSR lectures in the Master in Management program
This is a logical and consistent choice, considering TBS has signed the “Climate Emergency” (Urgence pour le climat) petition asking the French government to “initiate a transition strategy for higher education that makes climate the primary concern”.
The Climate Action Certificate of Excellence
The Climate Action Program is specifically devoted to climate issues. The course is available for students following the Master in Management program in order to train future managers who are able to:
- understand and anticipate the energy and climate constraints and challenges that organisations are facing (and will face in the future)
- identify and understand how these external forces impact organisations and define adequate response
- define and/or implement processes and strategies in response to current and future requirements
The CSR Certificate of Excellence
The “CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Certificate of Excellence” aims to train future managers who are able to:
- conduct social and environmental audits
- handle complex decisions that will test their ethical principles
- create and drive new business models that combine financial profitability with social well-being and the protection of our planet.
The Climate Fresco
Understanding the issue in order to act!
The Climate Fresco workshop is systematically proposed to new students on initial training programmes. It enables them to understand the origins of the ecological crisis, the mechanisms and consequences. Based on a fun, creative approach, students are invited to suggest individual and collective solutions at the end of the workshop.
The yearly ANEDD: students in action
The National Students’ Conference on Sustainable Development (ANEDD) was launched in 2007 at TBS at the initiative of the Bureau du Développement Durable (B3D [Office of Sustainable Development]) student association.
The aim of this annual event is to build meaningful bridges between the professional world and future graduates. The event’s programme includes conferences by specialists in sustainable development, an ecology forum, workshops to learn how to reduce your waste, and a stand-up routine on gender inequality.
The SULITEST Quiz: sharing knowledge to promote involvement
The SULITEST is an international initiative aimed at measuring and improving knowledge, skills and attitudes concerning sustainable development and corporate social responsibility. Since 2017, all TBS students are asked to take different modules such as SDGs, Circular Economy, etc.
In order to specifically share TBS’s approach to social responsibility, the School created a 21-question module about the actions implemented in terms of campus management, teaching, research, social policy and governance.
Aim2Flourish: Learning by doing
As part of the Aim2Flourish project, launched by the United Nations in order to promote the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, around thirty first-year students on the Master in Management program are asked to identify and compare Sustainable Development innovations in companies.
The SESAME project: Learning by doing
In the final year of the Master in Management program, groups of 40 students take part in the SESAME (Seminar on Strategic Studies Applied to Business Management) project and advise companies or local authorities which have implemented a social responsibility initiative.
The SEMIS Seminar: Learning by doing
SEMIS is an Introductory Seminar on Entrepreneurship that is attended by all third-year degree students. Based on a Design Thinking approach, students must find solutions for a given problem. Incorporating the values of TBS, notably social responsibility, the challenges set require the students to take an active role in transforming their ecosystem. Some of the challenges set for students in previous years include: how to eat better; how to combat discrimination; how to build a sustainable campus.
In 2020, our students were asked to work on “Establishing gender equality in student life by fighting sexism and gender stereotypes”.
SD & CSR in the Master in Management program
- Lectures on global social and environmental issues.
- A 15-hour course on Corporate Social Responsibility.
- A sustainable development day involving ANEDD (Assises Nationales Etudiantes du Développement Durable), lectures, eco-forums with difference companies & eco-awards.
- 35 hours of community work: each student makes a positive contribution to society by volunteering in a particular area: for example, tutoring underprivileged students from partner schools, assisting disabled people, the homeless, the poor, the elderly, the sick…
- The integration of a CSR-SD questionnaire in students’ internship reports. The report must cover the following areas:
- Understanding of the company’s social and environmental impact on stakeholders.
- An analysis of a socially responsible approach, i.e. the company’s CSR policy
- An assessment of the economic, social and environmental impact of one’s own suggestions.
- Numerous “Think & Create” workshops: during their first year, groups of students also conduct projects focused on sustainable development or social issues. These projects are developed either in France or abroad.
Year 2 focuses on the ARTEMIS business game, which is used in the Strategy class and integrates a CSR dimension.
Year 3 of the Master in Management program includes the Option: “Sustainability Strategies for Business”. This option is run by Professor Luc Rouge, and is taught in English and French. The program specializes in business strategies to counter global warming and trains managers to understand and anticipate the environmental constraints and issues which companies face, both now and in the future.
- Regulatory Context (climate & energy package, EU-ETS…)
- Markets (supply and demand of raw materials, energy, GHG emissions…)
- Technological Context (the evolving cost of renewable energy…)
- Natural Context (extreme weather, population development, health…)
Back to school 2021
Looking for the start dates of your program at TBS? Here you'll find all the information you need
Older workers’ employability is a Human Resource Development responsibility
Dello RussoLatest Videos from our ResearchersProfessorResearch
TBS International Business Programs in MOCI TOP 10
From 08.07.21 to 08.07.21
French international business magazine Le Moniteur du Commerce International (MOCI) puts the spotlight on some of TBS's most popular international business programs in their 2021 guide.
Responsible Higher Education – Call for Proposals
From 13.10.21 to 15.10.21
Responsible Higher Education: from Collaboration to Action
From 13.10.21 to 15.10.21
Become part of the sustainable education of the future, where academics, staff members, students and stakeholders all work together towards increasingly responsible education. Come join us to make a collective impact during this high-profile 3-day event!
Survey: Does teleworking change the very notion of work ?
TBS researchers Kévin Carillo and Alain Klarsfeld have prepared a new survey to learn more about the conditions that make for efficient teleworking while respecting professionals, in collaboration with the University of Montréal and Laval University in Canada.
Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective
The TBS Center of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics and the TBS Research Center are proud to invite you to the online seminar on Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective with Dr Ulrike Gretzel
Meet The Editor – Yogesh Dwivedi – IJIM
The Center of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence and Business Analytics, in collaboration with the TBS Research Center, is pleased to invite you to the “Meet the Editor” webinar, with The International Journal of Information Management's editor Yogesh Dwivedi (CNRS: 2, FNEGE: 3).
Meet The Editor – Stefan Minner – IJPE
The Center of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence and Business Analytics, in collaboration with the TBS Research Center, is pleased to invite you to the "Meet the Editor" webinar, with International Journal of Production Economics's editor Stefan MINNER (CNRS: 4, FNEGE: 4).
Joint R2D2 and PRME Chapter meeting: “Re-finding Us in Uncertain Times”
12.04.21 to 27.05.21
TBS Education unveils its 2026 strategy: inspiring TBS
Driven by a unique strategy that will be deployed over the next 5 years, the Toulousain school - newly named TBS Education - has set itself bold and inspiring development objectives: to become the school of educational well-being, to strengthen the employability of its learners, and to maximize its societal impact on its territories. To achieve its goals, TBS Education will rely on a whole new genre of campuses, an expert and reputed faculty, new training and employability models as well as a strengthened international presence.
Why companies need experts more than ever
Today’s economic context pushes companies to explore new strategies to keep their business moving forward. Now’s the time to step out of your comfort zone and become an expert to stand out on tomorrow’s job market and make an impact on the future.
From 25.03.21 to 26.03.21
The Challenge is on! From 25 to 26 March, 2021, students of the MSc Big Data, Marketing & Management face their fellow students of the MSc Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics for the 3rd edition of the TBS Datathon. They will develop, in record time, a predictive algorithm for online advertising for our partner, Criteo.
TBS Summer School Programs 2021 Webinar
Webinar 21st April: Join us Online. Summer School registrations are open! Join one of the TBS Summer School programs and earn ECTS credits towards your degree!
See all the news