Information, Operations and Management Sciences
Head of Department
Information Management Division
The Information Management Division develops courses that are linked to handling information in a society that relies on new technology and that tackle Big Data & Artificial Intelligence issues.
Our society is on the brink of a technological revolution that exceeds the revolutions brought on by the internet and mobile communication. Artificial Intelligence and Big Data are transforming the corporate world, redefining corporate strategies, business models, processes, products and services as well as decision-making processes.
The courses designed by our division focus on the stakes and challenges companies have to face in terms of data management and decision-taking, i.e. big data, business analytics, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
We train students to become data analysts, chief data officers, data explorers, data planners, data strategists as well as expert consultants in innovation technology.
Our Division’s courses are spread out across the entire Master in Management program:
- Learning how to manage information via research and quantitative data management are key skills for today’s managers. An introduction to “Business Analytics” is included in the first year of the 3-year Master in Management program and details traditional statistical methods to manage and analyze data bases in order to respond to management issues.
- This course moves to a more advanced level in the second year (first year of the 2-year program). The benefits of every statistical method are detailed in a managerial decision-making context, with a first approach to coding with R software.
- During the same year, the theme of Big Data analytics is broached over the course of one semester and tackles numerous subjects, such as an introduction to Big Data, to artificial intelligence technology, digital transformation, auditing tools, data visualization tools, automatic learning for big data, social media analytics as well as the legal, ethical and social implications of Big Data.
Our Division is also active in 3 Master of Science programs, which are taught in the last year of the Master in Management program.
- The MSc Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics prepares future analysts, consultants and strategists for data management and project management using artificial intelligence
- The MSc Big Data, Marketing & Management prepares future marketing professionals to tackle the technological challenges companies have to face with regard to marketing: big data, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- The MSc Innovation & Technology Management teaches students to work on technological innovation projects in companies and on entrepreneurship in industries using cutting-edge technology: biotechnology, aerospace, information technology, reusable energy, …
In addition, thanks to its interdisciplinary nature, the division actively participates in various specialized courses requiring specific knowledge in statistics and information systems for finance, marketing and accounting/management control.
The division counts 8 resident professors, with additional affiliated professors and visiting professionals, who teach in their field of expertise. The professor-researchers of this division are highly active in research in the fields of statistics, econometrics, information systems, e-commerce, innovation management and digital transformation. A wide range of research projets and collaborations with international universities and companies focus on new technologies, such as blockchain, the Internet of Things, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence. Our research also focuses on the analysis of technology adoption, use and impact on an individual, organizational, national and societal level.
Industrial Organization, Logistics and Technology Division
Industrial Organization, Supply Chain and Purchasing:
This department designs, coordinates, and provides training on industrial organization, purchasing and supply chain as fundamental aspects of managing businesses.
Our courses are presented in all Toulouse Business School programs and on many of the campuses, from the Bachelor’s program to MBAs and Executive Education.
In addition, the department offers advanced programs dedicated to students who are oriented towards supply chain and purchasing professions (including industry, consulting, distribution, transport, etc.) and require special expertise. Those programs include:
- The MSc of Supply Chain Management and Purchasing, within the Master in Management Program in Toulouse.
- The MSc of Supply Chain and Lean Management (SCALE), in collaboration with the Ecole des mines d’Albi-Carmaux
- The Specialized Master® MASC of “Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager”, taught in French. In this program, we train high-level experts with a dual competence in the fields of purchasing and supply chain.
Our objective is to teach students the rigorous concepts, tools and methods necessary for any manager who wishes to understand and master the challenges and constraints of supply/ production/ distribution flows in a complex and changing economic as well as technological environment (digitalization, regulations and compliance, geopolitics, international trade dynamics, sustainable development, etc.).
Companies regularly deal with these flows to take operational decisions (like stock levels, transport modes, frequency of deliveries, quantities per delivery, quantities produced per year, etc.) as well as economic decisions (like the choice of product, price, technological positioning of the products sold, choice of marketing areas, choice of suppliers, etc.). One major aspect of managing industrial organizations is to allow a better understanding and analysis of these economic decisions within supply chains.
The scope of managing a supply chain covers the internal organization of companies in the supply chain, the determinants of the structure of firms and industries, the study of vertical relationships between organizations, the analysis of market behaviors of companies (oligopolies, cartels, collusion, predation, etc.), the innovation strategies of firms, etc.
The professors in the department are members of the Research Center of Toulouse Business School. The results of their research are published in reference books as well as in the best international academic journals such as Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, International Journal of Industrial Organization, European Journal of Operational Research, Journal of Economic Theory, International Journal of Production Research, Review of Industrial Organization, Review of Network Economics, Operations Research Letters, Computers and Operations Research, Annals of OR, Journal of Productivity Analysis, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Economic Review, Transportations Research part A, Marketing Letters, Telecommunication Policy, etc.
TBS Center of Excellence wins the MRSEI call for proposals
Financial Times Top 100 : An 11 places leap for the TBS Global Executive MBA!!
Executive EducationInspiring EducationMBA
Barcelona, a new campus for an even more inspiring experience
Webinar “AI Day”
BachelorMaster In Management
Best Of France – Education Event (Canada)
From 05.10.21 to 06.10.21
Meet us at Best Of France Education Event (Canada)
2021 EEFT European Study Talk (Taïwan)
Meet us at EEFT European Study Talk (Taïwan)
Back to school 2021: 11 new professors
Innovative teachingInspiring EducationProfessor
Back to school 2021
Looking for the start dates of your program at TBS? Here you'll find all the information you need
TBS International Business Programs in MOCI TOP 10
From 08.07.21 to 08.07.21
French international business magazine Le Moniteur du Commerce International (MOCI) puts the spotlight on some of TBS's most popular international business programs in their 2021 guide.
Responsible Higher Education – Call for Proposals
From 13.10.21 to 15.10.21
Survey: Does teleworking change the very notion of work ?
TBS researchers Kévin Carillo and Alain Klarsfeld have prepared a new survey to learn more about the conditions that make for efficient teleworking while respecting professionals, in collaboration with the University of Montréal and Laval University in Canada.
Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective
The TBS Center of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics and the TBS Research Center are proud to invite you to the online seminar on Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective with Dr Ulrike Gretzel
See all the news