Work, Employment and Health
This laboratory undertakes research in the field of human resources management.
- At the macro-economic level, projects focus on work policies and the European jobs market, restructuration, social dialogue and HR Management in its widest context.
- At the micro-economic level, projects focus on talent and skills management, work organization and professional training.
Diversity, Equality, Multicultural Management, Mobility, Leadership and Corporate Social Responsibility are also included in our research, both on a political and practical level.
Employment & Social Dialogue
Health & well-being at work
Skills & Professional Training
Project Management & Knowledge Management
Mobility, International & Strategic Management of Human Resources
CSR, Diversity, Equality, Age, Gender, Religion in the Workplace
Research Lab Members and Research Themes
Dr Antonio ABRANTES
Organizational Improvisation, Team Adaptation, Team Dynamics, Paradox Theory
Dr Akram AL ARISS (HDR)
International Human Resources Management,International Mobility, International Talent Management
Dr Cordula BARZANTNY
European and international management, cross-cultural management, diversity management, international leadership and performance, aerospace management
Dr Secil BAYRAKTAR
Change management, cross-cultural management, expatriation, leadership, the HR climate
Dr Basak CANBOY
Socio-emotional skills, leadership skills, expatriation, health and wellbeing at work
Dr Sophie D’ARMAGNAC
Knowledge management, skills management, management of project teams
Dr Silvia DELLO RUSSO
HR practices, performance management, HR development, motivation at work, age management at work
Dr Aurélien FEIX
Discourses of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Business, Corporate political activity
Dr Alain KLARSFELD (HDR)
Skills management practices, equality and diversity, corporate social responsibility, religion in the workplace
Dr Françoise LE DEIST (Head of the Health Chair)
Jobs and skills management, organisational change, occupational health, management of health systems and organisations
Dr Olivier PRADES
Migration Effects in Labour Law, Labour Law and Collaborative Industry, New Forms of Employment Contract
Dr Caroline TILLOU
Knowledge workers, voluntary departure, engagement; offices and activities of the board
- ABDUL HADI Acil
- HASSAN Fatima
- MILANI Giovanna
- CHAHINE Lynn
- HERNANDEZ Selena
- RAMBERG Elisabeth
- SAVY Anne-Claire
Partnerships and Collaborations
- Airbus , Pierre Fabre, Cap Gemini, La Poste, ENGIE, CNES, Thales Group, Airbus Defence & Space, Air France Industries, AF KLM Group, Aéroports de Paris, Pôle Aerospace Valley, ANDRH Midi-Pyrénées, Novartis, CHU Toulouse, Agence Régionale de Santé, Haute Autorité en Santé, Association Oncopole, Pôle Cancer-Bio-Santé, Better Human Co.
- Bamberg University (Germany), Georgia State University (USA), Curtin Graduate School of Business, Curtin University, Perth (Australia), University of Auckland (New Zealand), Bradford School of Management & Law (United Kingdom), Henley Business School (United Kingdom), Dalhousie University, Halifax (Canada), Purdue University Calumet (USA), University of Ljubljana (Slovenia), University of Auckland (New Zealand), ESADE (Spain)
Seminars and Conferences – Archives
- 17 novembre 2021 : 18h30 – 20h (Amphi 27) : AFTERWORK : L’Improvisation organisationnelle, de la recherche à la pratique – Antonio Abrantes, TBS Education. See the program ›
- 29 juin 2020 – Workshop Ashish MALIK, University of Newcastle, Australia
- 08 juin 2020 – Workshop Margaret SHAFFER, University of Oklahoma
- 03 juin 2020 – Conférence AIMS – Consortium Doctoral à TBS et conférence à TSM. See the program ›
- 17 mars 2020 – Workshop Howard KLEIN, prof Managment & Human resources in the Fisher College of Business at the Ohio State University – Getting Published in Top Research Outlets: Lessons Learned as a Journal Editor. See the program ›
- 16 mars 2020 – Workshop Denise POTOSKY, Prof Management and Organization, The Pennsylviana State University. See the program ›
- 28 novembre 2019 – Conférence Pierre CORVOL – Ethique et Recherche organisé par ERE OCCITANIE – Croire en la sicence… mais pas aveuglément
- 30 septembre au 01 octobre 2019 – Conférence EIASM – Talent Management Research papers. See the program ›
- 2 July 2019 – Workshop with Fang Lee Cooke, University of Manchester “Publishing articles in Human Resource Management: Insights from an Associate Editor, reviewer and author.”
- 14 June 2019 – Workshop with Yannick GRIEP, University of Calgary, Canada “Multilevel analysis”
- 7 June 2019 – Workshop with Sebastien Reiche, Professor of Management at IESE Business School “Mobility Unclassified? Towards Typologies of Global Work”
- 28 May 2018 – Workshop with Prof. David G.Allen, is Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Professor of Management, Entrepreneurship, and Leadership at the Neeley School of Business at Texas Christian University, “Insights from the Editor of Journal of Management: publishing in leading scholarly journals”
- 3 March 2018 – Workshop with Serge P. da Motta Veiga, Assistant Professor of Management at American University, “Career and Talent Management: Current Research and Future Directions”
- 15 December 2017 – Workshop with Mustafa OZBILGIN, Professor of Organisational Behaviour at Brunel Business School, London, “Publishing journal articles in international journals”
- 10 November 2017 – Workshop with Aldijana BUNJAK, PhD candidate of Management and Organization, Faculty of Economics, University of Ljubljan, “The interplay between optimism, defensive pessimism and mindfulness of leaders and followers in the workplace”
- 26 June 2017 – Workshop with Michel SEGUIN, Quebec University (Canada) “Gouvernance au sein du Mouvement Desjardins : expérience d’un partenariat de recherche entre l’université et l’entreprise”
- 21 March 2017 – Workshop with Dilek YUNLU, Northeastern Illinois University, College of Business & Management, Chicago, (USA) ” Who Am I? Multicultural Identity, External Networks and Creativity”
- 7 March 2017 – Workshop with Laurie BARCLAY, Lazaridis School of Business & Economics, Wilfrid Laurier University (Canada)”Exploring the Emotional Landscape of Workplace Unfairness: New Insights and Theoretical Foundations”
- 10 January 2017 – Workshop with Michelle HAMMOND, Limerick University and Rachel CLAPP-SMITH, Purdue University Northwest “A multi-Domain Approach to Leader Development
- 15 December 2016 – Workshop with Rachel CLAPP-SMITH, Purdue University Northwest “Cultural Self-awareness as a Tool for Global Leader Development
- 22 september 2016 – Workshop with Rita Fontinha, Henley Business School, University of Reading “HRM, perceived employability and job insecurity: Their role on self-initiated expatriates adjustement to the host country”
- 16-17 June 2016 – Conference « New Business Models » Exploring a changing view on organizing value creation. (Excellence Chair Pierre de Fermat)
- 7 june 2016 – Workshop on “Religious diversity at work: considering critical issues for employees and managers in Australian workplaces” by Lucy Taksa, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- 28-29 may 2015 – Conference “Self-Initiated Expatriation”
- 28 may 2015 – Seminar with Linda O’RORDAN – New Business Models Chair
- 27 march 2015 – “New Business Models” Open Day
- 26 february 2015 – Breakfast with N.Dentchev on “New Business Models”
Dr Alain KLARSFELD
Tél : + 33 (0)5 61 29 48 94
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Research article — When Is CEO Activism Conducive to the Democratic Process?
This article complements the predominantly instrumentally oriented literature on CEO activism and contributes, more broadly, to the literature that explores the normative dimensions of corporate political involvement, as well as to a growing strand of research that draws on philosophical theory to inform business leaders’ ethical decision-making.
Research article — Managing my shame: Investigating the effects of organizational identity threat and public service motivation on exemplification
The present study investigates how public employees make sense of and react to threatening events that may call into question organization's core attributes and status.
Research article — Early-career academic engagement in university–industry collaborative PhDs: Research orientation and project performance
This study sheds light on an understudied area of academic engagement and highlights the significance of considering research orientation and students' taste for science or industry when developing university-industry collaborations. This has implications for PhD supervisors, PhD students, their industrial partners, and policymakers.
Financial Times 2023: TBS Education’s Global Executive MBA ranks 62nd best in the world
The Financial Times has published its annual ranking of the world's top 100 Executive MBAs. This year, TBS Education's Global Executive MBA moved up 12 places, confirming its growth momentum and ranking 62nd.
Research article — The resistance toward COVID-19 contact tracing apps: A study of psychological reactance among young adults in Italy
We investigate how and when threats to freedom posed by government-imposed containment measures to young adults reduce their contact tracing apps (CTAs) adoption intentions.
Research article — Are both generative AI and ChatGPT game changers for 21st-Century operations and supply chain excellence?
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
This study investigates the benefits, challenges, and trends associated with Gen-AI/ChatGPT in O&SCM.
Research article — Entry mode diversity and closing commercial deals with international customers: The moderating role of advanced servitization
As the importance of servitization and service-augmented solution delivery grows into a mainstream phenomenon for manufacturers, offering theoretically founded avenues to solve their specific internationalization challenges is necessary.
Research article — Data-driven market effectiveness: The role of a sustained customer analytics capability in business operations
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
This study's objective is to investigate how a business can achieve data-driven market effectiveness through the sustained application of a customer analytics capability to its operations.
Financial Times 2023 ranking: TBS Education ranks 37th among the world’s business schools
Inspiring EducationMaster In Management
n September 11, 2023, the Financial Times published its international ranking of Masters in Management. TBS Education moves up 13 places to rank among the world's top Management Schools.
Research article — Sustainability and intermodality in humanitarian logistics: A two-stage multi-objective programming formulation: a two-stage multi-objective programming formulation
Intermodality is a valuable approach when infrastructure is damaged, as it allows the use of different delivery modes to reach demand areas. Nevertheless, involving different transportation modes has an impact on the environment.
Research article — Human resource management in the age of generative artificial intelligence: Perspectives and research directions on ChatGPT
Research article — Does Resilience Matter for Supply Chain Performance in Disruptive Crises with Scarce Resources?
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
Research article — Advances in entrepreneurial ecosystem and places: time, space and context
Research article — The Organizational Dynamics of Business Models for Sustainability: Discursive and Cognitive Pathways for Change
See all the news