MSc Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Trade globalization, digitalization, and technological innovations (e.g. Internet of Things, 3D Printing, Big Data…), transform the basic needs of any company to manage and control its Supply Chain, into a major competitive must-have.
Following these drastic changes in the playing field, the different jobs offered in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management require more and more advanced analytical and strategic skills, in a context where employers demand for such specialized labor increase.
The goal of this MSc is to train expert managers to successfully hold key positions in purchasing and supply chain services, and develop their careers.
This MSc provides the advanced training required to achieve performance in job positions and missions that:
- Require a global and strategic vision to tackle Purchasing and Supply Chain challenges.
- Impose a transversal approach of a firm’s management decisions, which in turn favors career evolution to top management positions.
- Are conducted in an international context, and are impacted by technological innovations: « For 65 % of Supply Chain departments, managing virtual and international teams is a major challenge for the 5 coming years » (Salary Benchmarking Study, Michael Page, 2019).
- Necessitate strong abilities to work in project mode within multicultural teams in more and more agile organizations.
- Are on the front line when it comes to promoting social and environmental changes.
This MSc emphasis is set on quantitative and data driven decision making, at the heart of a firm’ procurement and operational performance. It provides the advanced skills for:
- High-level Big Data analysis, applied to demand forecasting, market mechanisms understanding, supplier selection process, statistical process control…
- Decision making when interactions are strategic (applied Game Theory) or not (operations research, simulation methods)
- Mastering information, using tools like SAP, Arena, VBA, XlStat…
Total number of hours: 450h
This program consists of five learning experiences rigorously designed to develop your managerial and operational skills in your field of professional expertise.
8 Course units:
1. Purchasing and Supply Chain Strategy
Objective: Learn to evaluate and tackle the strategic challenges specific to Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, while implementing a firm’s global strategy.
2. Supply Chain Management
Objective: Master the principles, methods and tools for the optimal management of production capacities, of information and physical flows (for goods and services), in order to improve a firm’s competitive positioning.
3. Purchasing management
Objective: Master the principles, methods and tools allowing for an optimal Purchasing performance, while integrating a firm’s global strategy and suppliers market constraints.
4. Performance and Risk Management
Objective: Develop crucial knowledge in Risk Management, Agility and continuous improvement that leads to operational excellence in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management.
5. Decision Making in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Objective: Deepen the skills in managerial decision making for organisations which face an increasingly uncertain and complex environment.
6. Information Systems for Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Objective: Provide the theoretical and practical knowledge of key digital resources in today’s data- driven organizations.
7. International issues in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Objective: Understand and integrate the specific constraints and management complexity of International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management.
8. Research Methods and Data Analytics
Objective: Give an overview of research methods and data analytics.
Soft Skills Certificate
Certificate designed by 26 professors & leadership and management professionals in collaboration with TBS Career Starter.
“Soft Skills” are intrapersonal and interpersonal skills that create the conditions for a successful and sustainable team and allows to effectively manage your career.
2 Courses units:
Management and leadership skills
Objective: Acquire nine key competencies to lead teams and manage your professional career.
Objective: Reveal your talent and make evolutionary choices in accordance with your deep aspirations.
The Career Starter is a support center that helps students define and
develop their career project. Through several lectures, workshops,
individual tests and coaching sessions, a specialist will support each
student from their first questions to looking for the right internship
Coaching: we support you in your reflection on your skills, strengths and areas for improvement. Through personality tests and individual coaching, we link this self-knowledge to your ambitions and career choices.
Personal Branding: you will participate in workshops to build your CV and e-portfolio to best highlight your experiences and skills for your future employers.
A unique exercise that is a major asset in your program!
For the account of prestigious TBS partner companies, students, coached by the professors, carry out a strategic diagnosis aiming to analyze its competitive position, then propose strategic and operational recommendations to meet its challenges.
Examples of partner companies
Aerospace Valley, AIRBUS, Cap Gemini, Comtesse du Barry, Continental Automotive, EY, Hilti, Mars Petfoods, Motorola, Thalès, Rockwell & Collins.
Objective: Increase your brain agility to anticipate and solve complex business issues in your field of expertise.
Each student in this MSc program is required to write a dissertation which addresses a current issue in management from an academic or professional perspective in his field of expertise.
The student thus contributes to the study, analysis, formalization and abstraction of the identified problem.
In-company Work experience
Students may carry out an internship in the company of their choice for a period of 3 to 6 months. This internship is not mandatory for the validation of the diploma but allows students to obtain 10 additional ECTS credits.
This Master of Science allows students to have a work contract during their studies at TBS:
- Work-and-training contract
Students will thereby finance part of their studies and earn a salary while attending their training.
This format is ideal to develop deep practical knowledge of a professional field and allows quick integration in the labor market.
Catherine MULLER, PhD
Professor of Operations Management
Department: Information, Operations and Management Sciences
The part-time version of this MSc is reserved for students in the second year (M2) of the Master in Management.
- 4-year Bachelor Degree (240 ECTS) or equivalent
- For programs taught in English: English mother tongue OR TOEFL IBT 80 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 800 / CAMBRIDGE B2 / FCE / CAT 165
- For programs taught in French: French mother tongue OR B2 OR equivalent
MSC Deadline to apply: July 30th
This Master of Science prepares you for the following job categories:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Purchasing Manager (production, materials, distribution, projects, intellectual services, transport, services, etc.)
- Procurement Manager
- Contract Manager
- Demand Planner
- Supplier Performance Manager
- Supply Chain – Purchasing Analyst
- Supply Chain Engineer
- Flow Manager
- Logistics / Transport Manager
- Commodity Lead Buyer
- Production Planner
- Supply Chain – Purchasing Consultant
- Supply Chain Project Manager
Fees : 17 000 €.
The cost of this training includes:
- All academic fees, including business visits.
- Access to our virtual campus and all online educational resources.
- Access to career starter services (CV workshop, business forum, etc.)
- Access to the network of 46,000 alumni.
- SCHOLARSHIP: TBS is entitled to receive higher education scholarship students: mobility grants, state scholarships, merit scholarships (Eiffel, Marie Curie), TBS Foundation scholarships. (contact the school)
- PERSONALIZED SCHEDULE: TBS welcomes students who wish to discuss their personal situation. TBS grants payment schedules from 1 to 4 instalments, or by monthly instalments during the course.
- STUDENT JOBS: our student associations offer paid assignments on behalf of companies or individuals throughout the year.
Discounts and scholarships
To assist our students financially, we offer the following scholarships and discounts for our Master of Science programs. Please bear in mind that discounts and offers of financial support are exclusive and cannot be combined together.
Early Bird Discount
You can get a 10% discount on your tuition fees if you apply and pay before December 31st. Please note that this is the only discount which may be cumulated with others.
If you have a brother or sister who is currently enrolled in a TBS program, you will receive a 15% discount on your tuition fees.
Once you apply, you will automatically be considered for this scholarship which gives you a 10% discount on your tuition fees. This scholarship is based on your grades and general profile.
Partner University scholarship
Students from TBS partner universities and/or students having spent one semester at a TBS campus as part of an exchange program receive a 10% discount on their tuition fee.
If you’re married/have a child together and both apply for a TBS program for the same year, you will receive a 20% discount on the tuition fees of one of the programs.
A number of French associations also award scholarships to international students studying in France:
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program is managed by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education establishments to attract top foreign students to enroll in French Master’s and PhD courses.
The application process for the Eiffel scholarship is extremely selective. Candidate students must be non-French and be less than 25 years old while they must prove excellent academic results. This scholarship can award up to €1,000 Euros per month to successful candidates.
Campus France Scholarship Information
International students wishing to study in France can also apply for a choice of national scholarships. For more information contact Campus France.