TBS rewards students’ civic engagement
TBS recognizes that students’ societal engagement enriches their training and allows them to develop skills that contribute to their personal fulfillment and civic education.
A mechanism to stimulate social & civic responsibility
In order to support and develop our students’ societal engagement, TBS has created a mechanism to acknowledge the commitment of students who are involved in an association or civic, solidarity-oriented initiative, by awarding bonus points taken into account in their grade average.
This mechanism complements the measures that can be used to adapt the duration and organisation of students’ study paths (adjusted timetable, extension of the duration of studies, specific training activities) in order to give them the time to pursue their societal-engagement activities.
At the end of their course, their engagement is validated and noted in the diploma supplement delivered to each student.
Who can benefit?
- Students who have management responsibilities in associations (president, treasurer, secretary) or any other position that merits this, due to the personal investment required
- Students who have an electoral mandate
- Students in paid employment (excluding apprentices)
- Students integrated into TBSeeds, TBS’s incubator
- Students who carry out military activities in an operational reserve unit
- Students working as volunteer fire-fighters
- Students on volunteer civic service programmes
- Students on volunteer programmes in the armed forces
Are not included:
- Compulsory internships for graduation
- Occasional contribution to actions with no personal involvement in their organisation
- Student projects that are already acknowledged on an educational level, in particular through ECTS credits (e.g. ATCs [Think & Create Workshops])
How to apply?
- Students must submit an application file to the Engagement Commission, which decides on the eligibility of the request. The next commission meeting will take place at the end of November 2020.
- At the end of the “engagement” period, student must submit an “engagement report” which includes a self-assessment of the actions carried out as well as the results achieved. The report also identifies and highlights the skills acquired in relation to the learning objectives of the programme. The report includes a certificate from the host structure concerning the fulfillment of the engagement.
The engagement of students is assessed annually on the basis of these documents. The Engagement Commission may decide on a validation value of up to 0.4 points on the grade average.
Head of Diversity & Student Engagement – Handicap Mission
Tél : +33 5 61 29 49 49
Mail : email@example.com
Are universities echo chambers wedded to H-indices over scholarly engagement?
FMA Innovation in Teaching Award won by TBS Inspiring Guest
Academic ExcellenceFinance & Performance ManagementInnovative teachingInspiring EducationStolin
TBS Center of Excellence wins the MRSEI call for proposals
Financial Times Top 100 : An 11 places leap for the TBS Global Executive MBA!!
Executive EducationInspiring EducationMBA
Barcelona, a new campus for an even more inspiring experience
Webinar “AI Day”
BachelorMaster In Management
Back to school 2021: 11 new professors
Innovative teachingInspiring EducationProfessor
TBS International Business Programs in MOCI TOP 10
From 08.07.21 to 08.07.21
French international business magazine Le Moniteur du Commerce International (MOCI) puts the spotlight on some of TBS's most popular international business programs in their 2021 guide.
Survey: Does teleworking change the very notion of work ?
TBS researchers Kévin Carillo and Alain Klarsfeld have prepared a new survey to learn more about the conditions that make for efficient teleworking while respecting professionals, in collaboration with the University of Montréal and Laval University in Canada.
Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective
The TBS Center of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics and the TBS Research Center are proud to invite you to the online seminar on Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective with Dr Ulrike Gretzel
See all the news