TBS Education rewards students’ civic engagement
A mechanism to stimulate social & civic responsibility
TBS Education recognizes that students’ societal engagement enriches their training and allows them to develop skills that contribute to their personal fulfillment and civic education.
In order to support and develop our students’ societal engagement, TBS Education has created a mechanism to acknowledge the commitment of students who are involved in an association or civic, solidarity-oriented initiative, by awarding bonus points taken into account in their grade average.
This mechanism complements the measures that can be used to adapt the duration and organisation of students’ study paths (adjusted timetable, extension of the duration of studies, specific training activities) in order to give them the time to pursue their societal-engagement activities.
At the end of their course, their engagement is validated and noted in the diploma supplement delivered to each student.
Who can benefit?
- Students who have management responsibilities in associations (president, treasurer, secretary) or any other position that merits this, due to the personal investment required
- Students who have an electoral mandate
- Students in paid employment (excluding apprentices)
- Students integrated into TBSeeds, TBS Education’s incubator
- Students who carry out military activities in an operational reserve unit
- Students working as volunteer fire-fighters
- Students on volunteer civic service programmes
- Students on volunteer programmes in the armed forces
Are not included:
- Compulsory internships for graduation
- Occasional contribution to actions with no personal involvement in their organisation
- Student projects that are already acknowledged on an educational level, in particular through ECTS credits
How to apply?
- Students must submit an application file to the Engagement Commission, which decides on the eligibility of the request.
- At the end of the “engagement” period, student must submit an “engagement report” which includes a self-assessment of the actions carried out as well as the results achieved. The report also identifies and highlights the skills acquired in relation to the learning objectives of the programme. The report includes a certificate from the host structure concerning the fulfillment of the engagement.
The engagement of students is assessed annually on the basis of these documents. The Engagement Commission may decide on a validation value of up to 0.4 points on the grade average.
Head of Diversity & Student Engagement – Handicap Mission
Tél : +33 5 61 29 49 49
Mail : email@example.com
TBS EDUCATION IN THE TOP 10 OF LE POINT 2024 BUSINESS SCHOOL AWARDS
Inspiring EducationMaster In Management
Qui Veut Être Mon Associé: an incubatee and a graduate of the school on the show!
Inspiring EducationInspiring Life
TBS Education announces plans for new campus in Toulouse
Innovative teachingInspiring Education
TBS Education EAIE 2024 Partner Day
Make your experience unforgettable by getting more out of your time in France ! Visit TBS Education and immerse yourself in our learning ecosystem. We warmly invite you to discover everything TBS Education offers during our Partner Day on Sept. 16th 2024.
Stéphanie Lavigne named Director of the Year 2023
Academic ExcellenceInspiring Education
TBS EDUCATION SIGNS A CHAIR IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN INDUSTRY WITH APEM
Academic ExcellenceInnovative teaching
TBS EDUCATION MOVES UP A PLACE IN THE FIGARO ÉTUDIANT 2024 BUSINESS SCHOOL RANKING!
TBS EDUCATION MAINTAINS ITS PLACE IN THE TOP 10 BUSINESS SCHOOLS IN L’ETUDIANT’S 2024 RANKING!
TBS EDUCATION, 4TH IN THE HAPPY AT SCHOOL 2023 RANKING
BachelorInspiring EducationMaster In Management
Financial Times European Business Schools 2023: TBS Education Ranks 46Th!
TBS Education confirms its positive momentum by entering the top 50, moving up 9 places to 46th place.
Research article — When Is CEO Activism Conducive to the Democratic Process?
This article complements the predominantly instrumentally oriented literature on CEO activism and contributes, more broadly, to the literature that explores the normative dimensions of corporate political involvement, as well as to a growing strand of research that draws on philosophical theory to inform business leaders’ ethical decision-making.
Research article — Managing my shame: Investigating the effects of organizational identity threat and public service motivation on exemplification
The present study investigates how public employees make sense of and react to threatening events that may call into question organization's core attributes and status.
Research article — Early-career academic engagement in university–industry collaborative PhDs: Research orientation and project performance
This study sheds light on an understudied area of academic engagement and highlights the significance of considering research orientation and students' taste for science or industry when developing university-industry collaborations. This has implications for PhD supervisors, PhD students, their industrial partners, and policymakers.
Financial Times 2023: TBS Education’s Global Executive MBA ranks 62nd best in the world
The Financial Times has published its annual ranking of the world's top 100 Executive MBAs. This year, TBS Education's Global Executive MBA moved up 12 places, confirming its growth momentum and ranking 62nd.
See all the news