TBS Education rewards students’ civic engagement
A mechanism to stimulate social & civic responsibility
TBS Education recognizes that students’ societal engagement enriches their training and allows them to develop skills that contribute to their personal fulfillment and civic education.
In order to support and develop our students’ societal engagement, TBS Education has created a mechanism to acknowledge the commitment of students who are involved in an association or civic, solidarity-oriented initiative, by awarding bonus points taken into account in their grade average.
This mechanism complements the measures that can be used to adapt the duration and organisation of students’ study paths (adjusted timetable, extension of the duration of studies, specific training activities) in order to give them the time to pursue their societal-engagement activities.
At the end of their course, their engagement is validated and noted in the diploma supplement delivered to each student.
Who can benefit?
- Students who have management responsibilities in associations (president, treasurer, secretary) or any other position that merits this, due to the personal investment required
- Students who have an electoral mandate
- Students in paid employment (excluding apprentices)
- Students integrated into TBSeeds, TBS Education’s incubator
- Students who carry out military activities in an operational reserve unit
- Students working as volunteer fire-fighters
- Students on volunteer civic service programmes
- Students on volunteer programmes in the armed forces
Are not included:
- Compulsory internships for graduation
- Occasional contribution to actions with no personal involvement in their organisation
- Student projects that are already acknowledged on an educational level, in particular through ECTS credits
How to apply?
- Students must submit an application file to the Engagement Commission, which decides on the eligibility of the request.
- At the end of the “engagement” period, student must submit an “engagement report” which includes a self-assessment of the actions carried out as well as the results achieved. The report also identifies and highlights the skills acquired in relation to the learning objectives of the programme. The report includes a certificate from the host structure concerning the fulfillment of the engagement.
The engagement of students is assessed annually on the basis of these documents. The Engagement Commission may decide on a validation value of up to 0.4 points on the grade average.
Head of Diversity & Student Engagement – Handicap Mission
Tél : +33 5 61 29 49 49
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Research article — Data-driven market effectiveness: The role of a sustained customer analytics capability in business operations
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
This study's objective is to investigate how a business can achieve data-driven market effectiveness through the sustained application of a customer analytics capability to its operations.
Financial Times 2023 ranking: TBS Education ranks 37th among the world’s business schools
Inspiring EducationMaster In Management
n September 11, 2023, the Financial Times published its international ranking of Masters in Management. TBS Education moves up 13 places to rank among the world's top Management Schools.
Research article — Sustainability and intermodality in humanitarian logistics: A two-stage multi-objective programming formulation: a two-stage multi-objective programming formulation
Intermodality is a valuable approach when infrastructure is damaged, as it allows the use of different delivery modes to reach demand areas. Nevertheless, involving different transportation modes has an impact on the environment.
Research article — Human resource management in the age of generative artificial intelligence: Perspectives and research directions on ChatGPT
Research article — Does Resilience Matter for Supply Chain Performance in Disruptive Crises with Scarce Resources?
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
Research article — Advances in entrepreneurial ecosystem and places: time, space and context
Research article — The Organizational Dynamics of Business Models for Sustainability: Discursive and Cognitive Pathways for Change
Research article — Online Reputation and Debt Capacity
Research article — Value creation by and for entrepreneurs in an entrepreneurial ecosystem: a resource and capability approach
Research article — Marketers on board: The influence of marketing-experienced board members (MEBMs) on firm innovativeness inputs and the moderating roles of CEO job characteristics
Global Executive MBA: a pedagogical partnership between ATR and TBS Education
Research article — Competition and risk taking in local bank markets: Evidence from the business loans segment
Research article — Understanding who avoids single-use plastics and why: A cross-country mixed-method study
Research article — Knowledge development in non-fungible tokens (NFT): a scoping review
Academic PublicationsFosso Wamba
See all the news