Founded in 1903 by the Toulouse Chamber of Commerce and Industry, TBS (formerly known as Toulouse Business School) stands out in its educational mission. By anticipating changes in society, TBS helps students understand disruptive changes and consider them as opportunities. Our goal is to train future decision-makers who have an international focus and are collaborative, agile and responsible.
3 Campuses in France and 3 abroad
The TBS headquarters are located in Toulouse, where you’ll also find 2 student campuses. In addition, the school includes 4 more campuses in Paris (France), Barcelona (Spain), Casablanca (Morrocco) and London (UK), where it provides a wide range of undergraduate and graduate training programs for French and International students.
TBS, a triply accredited business school
TBS belongs to the very select circle of international business schools which hold the triple AACSB, EQUIS & AMBA accreditation. Only 1% of business schools worlwide have been awarded all three accreditations.
An ambitious expansion plan
In 2015, TBS launched its 2020 expansion plan with the following ambitions:
- International reach: promote a multicultural environment by welcoming an increasing number of international students and professors and by multiplying our offer of intercontinental training courses.
- Academic excellence: highlight the quality of our professors, courses and research and recruit top-level professors who use teaching methods that fit the challenges of today’s companies and society.
- Student experience : design coherent and inspirational study tracks that fit our students aspirations and help them in their personal and professional development throughout their lives. By uniting hybrid skills and innovative teaching methods, TBS aims to train influential and efficient players in responsibly and competitively strong organisations.
Increase in management autonomy
In December 2016, TBS passes from a non-profit status to that of a Consular Higher Education Establishment (EESC). This evolution allows the school to increase autonomy in terms of management and decision-making and meet the challenges of further development with the help of the Toulouse Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Focus on CSR and Sustainable development
In January 2017, TBS received its CSR and sustainable development quality label, which is awarded for a 4-year period.
Since 2007, TBS has been involved in sustainable development, which is expressed in one of our key student events: the ANEDD National Student Forum for Sustainable Development. Ever since the launch of the event, TBS courses, research projets as well as school and campus management projects include Corporate Social Responsibilty and Sustainable Development.
TBS, a springboard for companies
In 2018, TBS launched the Business Starter Service, our entrepreneurial center of expertise, which also helps students set up their own business. Concomittantly, our TBSeeds business incubator becomes the first regional incubator in terms of student entrepreneurship.
Inspiring education, inspiring life
In 2019, Toulouse Business School changes its name and becomes TBS.
The new name is adopted to stimulate brand memorisation and international visibility. TBS also changes its slogan into: « Inspiring Education, Inspiring Life », which embodies our promise to students to provide training courses which respect their individual skills and aspirations in order to allow them to fully express themselves in our school as well as in their future careers.
While redefining the school brand, TBS also did a thorough analysis on the school’s position and its singularity in the landscape of French business schools, which covers 5 axes:
1. A teaching approach that focuses on student experience
2. Academic excellence as the main leitmotiv
3. International reach : the most important link in the TBS educational chain
4. A strong commitment to social and environmental responsibility
5. Solid expertise in highly evolving sectors: aerospace, artificial intelligence and big data, with the creation of 2 thematic clusters: “Aerospace & Mobility” and “Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics”.
In July 2019, TBS was the first business school to receive the 4 DIGITAL label for French Master in Management Business Schools. This label certifies the quality of remote digital training sessions, which meets the standards of excellence as defined by the CGE French “Grande Ecole” label . The 4 Digital label rewards the thorough groundwork conducted on an essential stepping stone in TBS’s new strategic plan, which aims to position the school in the TOP 30 of European Business Schools by 2024.