MSc Fashion and Luxury Marketing Management
Discover the Marketing, Sales and Communication universe of the Fashion and Luxury industries on our Barcelona campus.
With our best teachers and practitioners, become an expert in designing and implementing Marketing and Communication strategies, learn how to engage consumers and ensure brand success in this promising growth sector.
This program will prepare you for the challenges of the job market by offering you:
- A solid academic training in Marketing Management coupled with sectorial expertise of the Fashion, & Luxury industry’s best practices.
- A 360º immersion with industry professionals with whom you will gain hands-on experience working on real cases & projects.
- Professional mentoring to help you to define or kickstart your own professional project
- A multilingual & international experience: a program taught in English in Barcelona.
- Everything you need to launch your career in Marketing, Sales and communications in the Fashion & Luxury industry!
Total number of hours: 450h
This program consists of five learning experiences rigorously designed to develop your managerial and operational skills in your field of professional expertise.
8 Course units:
1. Marketing Intelligence
Objective: In this unit students will learn to systematically gather and analyse qualitative and quantitative data about issues relating to products and services. This unit is intended to understand the process that links firms and customers through information. The goal is to identify and assess how changing elements of the marketing mix will have an impact on customers and their behaviour.
2. Understanding Luxury Markets and Customers
Objective. Students will build an in-depth knowledge of international Fashion & Luxury markets (fashion & accessories, cosmetics, fragrances, watches & jewellery, fine wines & spirits, cars, hospitality… ) and will better understand Luxury customers’ motivations and behaviours. They will gain insights on how companies are adapting their business strategies in order to respond to this new generation of global customers, who are definitely more demanding, digital-savvy and experience-oriented.
3. Strategic Business Management
Objective: The convergence of technologies and the rapid changes in competitive environments have made it increasingly difficult for firms to compete and innovate alone. In this context, firms need to specialize while at the same time they collaborate with other firms to complement their resources and skills. The main goal of this unit is to understand how firms design business and marketing strategies to create value and uplifting customer experience.
4. Implementing Marketing Strategies
Objective: In this unit students will learn how to implement a marketing strategy through the different variables of the Marketing Mix, how to develop and control an operational Marketing plan. This unit has a practical approach through a marketing project based on real challenges of a firm operating in the Fashion & Luxury industry (for example fashion, accessories, fragrances, cosmetics, jewellery and watches, fine wines, Luxury hospitality…).
5. Integrated Marketing Communications
Objective: Learn to communicate strong value propositions and drive customer engagement.
6. Retail and Sales Channels
Objective: In this unit students will get an overview of the various selective retail networks. They will understand the pillars to leverage retail network performances and deliver outstanding omni-channel customer experience.
7. International Business Development
Objective: To provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the business opportunities offered by international markets for Luxury brands and prepare them to address the challenges of tomorrow in this increasingly competitive and global Luxury industry.
8. Research Methods and Fundamental Business Skills
Objective: To provide students with valuable, essential and qualified skills to achieve a remarkable performance in today’s industries.
Soft Skills Certificate
Certificate designed by 26 professors & leadership and management professionals in collaboration with TBS Career Starter.
“Soft Skills” are intrapersonal and interpersonal skills that create the conditions for a successful and sustainable team and allows to effectively manage your career.
2 Courses units:
Management and leadership skills
Objective: Acquire nine key competencies to lead teams and manage your professional career.
Objective: Reveal your talent and make evolutionary choices in accordance with your deep aspirations.
The Career Starter is a support center that helps students define and
develop their career project. Through several lectures, workshops,
individual tests and coaching sessions, a specialist will support each
student from their first questions to looking for the right internship
Coaching: we support you in your reflection on your skills, strengths and areas for improvement. Through personality tests and individual coaching, we link this self-knowledge to your ambitions and career choices.
Personal Branding: you will participate in workshops to build your CV and e-portfolio to best highlight your experiences and skills for your future employers.
A unique exercise that is a major asset in your program!
For the account of prestigious TBS partner companies, students, coached by the professors, carry out a strategic diagnosis aiming to analyze its competitive position, then propose strategic and operational recommendations to meet its challenges.
Examples of partner companies
Aerospace Valley, AIRBUS, Cap Gemini, Comtesse du Barry, Continental Automotive, EY, Hilti, Mars Petfoods, Motorola, Thalès, Rockwell & Collins.
Objective: Increase your brain agility to anticipate and solve complex business issues in your field of expertise.
Each student in this MSc program is required to write a dissertation which addresses a current issue in management from an academic or professional perspective in his field of expertise.
The student thus contributes to the study, analysis, formalization and abstraction of the identified problem.
In-company Work experience
Students may carry out an internship in the company of their choice for a period of 3 to 6 months. This internship is not mandatory for the validation of the diploma but allows students to obtain 10 additional ECTS credits.
Professor of Marketing
- Direct access to MSc:
- 4-year Bachelor Degree (240 ECTS) or equivalent
- 3-year Bachelor Degree (180 ECTS) with 2 years of relevant professional experience
- For programs taught in English: English mother tongue OR TOEFL IBT 80 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 800 / FCE / CAT 165
- For programs taught in French: French mother tongue OR B2 OR equivalent
MSC Deadline to apply:
- Visa required: June 30th
- No visa required: September 1st
This Master of Science prepares you for the following job categories:
- Product Development Manager
- Brand Manager,
- Collection Planner
- Marketing Manager
- Customer Experience Manager
- Travel Retail Manager
- Trade Marketing Manager
- Marketing Communication Executive
- Key Account Manager
- Business development Executive
- Category Manager
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager or Strategist
- E-commerce Manager
- Market Research Manager
- Sales Analyst
Fees : 16 500 €
The cost of this training includes:
- All academic fees, including business visits.
- Access to our virtual campus and all online educational resources.
- Access to career starter services (CV workshop, business forum, etc.)
- Access to the network of 46,000 alumni.
- SCHOLARSHIP: TBS is entitled to receive higher education scholarship students: mobility grants, state scholarships, merit scholarships (Eiffel, Marie Curie), TBS Foundation scholarships. (contact the school)
- PERSONALIZED SCHEDULE: TBS welcomes students who wish to discuss their personal situation. TBS grants payment schedules from 1 to 4 instalments, or by monthly instalments during the course.
- STUDENT JOBS: our student associations offer paid assignments on behalf of companies or individuals throughout the year.
Discounts and scholarships
To assist our students financially, we offer the following scholarships and discounts for our Master of Science programs. Please bear in mind that discounts and offers of financial support are exclusive and cannot be combined together.
Early Bird Discount
You can get a 10% discount on your tuition fees if you apply and pay before December 31st. Please note that this is the only discount which may be cumulated with others.
If you have a brother or sister who is currently enrolled in a TBS program, you will receive a 15% discount on your tuition fees.
Once you apply, you will automatically be considered for this scholarship which gives you a 10% discount on your tuition fees. This scholarship is based on your grades and general profile.
Partner University scholarship
Students from TBS partner universities and/or students having spent one semester at a TBS campus as part of an exchange program receive a 10% discount on their tuition fee.
If you’re married/have a child together and both apply for a TBS program for the same year, you will receive a 20% discount on the tuition fees of one of the programs.
A number of French associations also award scholarships to international students studying in France:
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program is managed by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education establishments to attract top foreign students to enroll in French Master’s and PhD courses.
The application process for the Eiffel scholarship is extremely selective. Candidate students must be non-French and be less than 25 years old while they must prove excellent academic results. This scholarship can award up to €1,000 Euros per month to successful candidates.
Campus France Scholarship Information
International students wishing to study in France can also apply for a choice of national scholarships. For more information contact Campus France.