Combining professional experience and applied research
Questions and Answers
Why pursue a PhD if I want to work in business?
The DBA is a program oriented towards a company’s needs. The research methodology is aimed at improving the decision-making process for business management. This ‘structuring of thoughts’ by the means of scientific research is essential for solving complex management problems as it allows executives to offer more innovative and grounded solutions.
The DBA allows:
- Participants to become a professor or high-level adviser able to develop business management vision from a sound theoretical prospective.
- Executives to use different models to identify, analyze and find innovative solutions to complex corporate issues
What makes the DBA of TBS “Tri Executive” ?
The number ‘three’ is found repeatedly in the structure of this DBA.
- TBS earned three international accreditations which is a guarantee of quality and recognition of the proposed programs (less than 1% of the world Business Schools have all three certifications).
- The DBA is present in three countries
- The program runs for three years during which time students are accompanied on an individual basis by a tutoring professor.
The word “Executive” in the name of the DBA refers to the profiles of the students who are professionals with many years of experience and proven business responsibilities.
Who are the instructors?
There are three types of instructors:
- Professors that are recognized in the academic world of international research,
- coaches specializing in personal development and
- human resources leadership and professionals who, by their example, can demonstrate how research can be useful in the business environment.
At least 50% of the contributors are from TBS.
Are universities echo chambers wedded to H-indices over scholarly engagement?
FMA Innovation in Teaching Award won by TBS Inspiring Guest
Academic ExcellenceFinance & Performance ManagementInnovative teachingInspiring EducationStolin
TBS Center of Excellence wins the MRSEI call for proposals
Financial Times Top 100 : An 11 places leap for the TBS Global Executive MBA!!
Executive EducationInspiring EducationMBA
Barcelona, a new campus for an even more inspiring experience
Webinar “AI Day”
BachelorMaster In Management
Back to school 2021: 11 new professors
Innovative teachingInspiring EducationProfessor
TBS International Business Programs in MOCI TOP 10
From 08.07.21 to 08.07.21
French international business magazine Le Moniteur du Commerce International (MOCI) puts the spotlight on some of TBS's most popular international business programs in their 2021 guide.
Survey: Does teleworking change the very notion of work ?
TBS researchers Kévin Carillo and Alain Klarsfeld have prepared a new survey to learn more about the conditions that make for efficient teleworking while respecting professionals, in collaboration with the University of Montréal and Laval University in Canada.
Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective
The TBS Center of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics and the TBS Research Center are proud to invite you to the online seminar on Artificial Intelligence from a Tourism Perspective with Dr Ulrike Gretzel
See all the news