Combining professional experience and applied research
Questions and Answers
Why pursue a PhD if I want to work in business?
The DBA is a program oriented towards a company’s needs. The research methodology is aimed at improving the decision-making process for business management. This ‘structuring of thoughts’ by the means of scientific research is essential for solving complex management problems as it allows executives to offer more innovative and grounded solutions.
The DBA allows:
- Participants to become a professor or high-level adviser able to develop business management vision from a sound theoretical prospective.
- Executives to use different models to identify, analyze and find innovative solutions to complex corporate issues
What makes the DBA of TBS Education “Tri Executive” ?
The number ‘three’ is found repeatedly in the structure of this DBA.
- TBS Education earned three international accreditations which is a guarantee of quality and recognition of the proposed programs (less than 1% of the world Business Schools have all three certifications).
- The DBA is present in three countries
- The program runs for three years during which time students are accompanied on an individual basis by a tutoring professor.
The word “Executive” in the name of the DBA refers to the profiles of the students who are professionals with many years of experience and proven business responsibilities.
Who are the instructors?
There are three types of instructors:
- Professors that are recognized in the academic world of international research,
- coaches specializing in personal development and
- human resources leadership and professionals who, by their example, can demonstrate how research can be useful in the business environment.
At least 50% of the contributors are from TBS Education.
Research article — Data-driven market effectiveness: The role of a sustained customer analytics capability in business operations
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
This study's objective is to investigate how a business can achieve data-driven market effectiveness through the sustained application of a customer analytics capability to its operations.
Financial Times 2023 ranking: TBS Education ranks 37th among the world’s business schools
Inspiring EducationMaster In Management
n September 11, 2023, the Financial Times published its international ranking of Masters in Management. TBS Education moves up 13 places to rank among the world's top Management Schools.
Research article — Sustainability and intermodality in humanitarian logistics: A two-stage multi-objective programming formulation: a two-stage multi-objective programming formulation
Intermodality is a valuable approach when infrastructure is damaged, as it allows the use of different delivery modes to reach demand areas. Nevertheless, involving different transportation modes has an impact on the environment.
Research article — Human resource management in the age of generative artificial intelligence: Perspectives and research directions on ChatGPT
Research article — Does Resilience Matter for Supply Chain Performance in Disruptive Crises with Scarce Resources?
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
Research article — Advances in entrepreneurial ecosystem and places: time, space and context
Research article — The Organizational Dynamics of Business Models for Sustainability: Discursive and Cognitive Pathways for Change
Research article — Online Reputation and Debt Capacity
Research article — Value creation by and for entrepreneurs in an entrepreneurial ecosystem: a resource and capability approach
Research article — Marketers on board: The influence of marketing-experienced board members (MEBMs) on firm innovativeness inputs and the moderating roles of CEO job characteristics
Global Executive MBA: a pedagogical partnership between ATR and TBS Education
Research article — Competition and risk taking in local bank markets: Evidence from the business loans segment
Research article — Understanding who avoids single-use plastics and why: A cross-country mixed-method study
Research article — Knowledge development in non-fungible tokens (NFT): a scoping review
Academic PublicationsFosso Wamba
See all the news