Combining professional experience and applied research
Questions and Answers
Why pursue a PhD if I want to work in business?
The DBA is a program oriented towards a company’s needs. The research methodology is aimed at improving the decision-making process for business management. This ‘structuring of thoughts’ by the means of scientific research is essential for solving complex management problems as it allows executives to offer more innovative and grounded solutions.
The DBA allows:
- Participants to become a professor or high-level adviser able to develop business management vision from a sound theoretical prospective.
- Executives to use different models to identify, analyze and find innovative solutions to complex corporate issues
What makes the DBA of TBS “Tri Executive” ?
The number ‘three’ is found repeatedly in the structure of this DBA.
- TBS earned three international accreditations which is a guarantee of quality and recognition of the proposed programs (less than 1% of the world Business Schools have all three certifications).
- The DBA is present in three countries
- The program runs for three years during which time students are accompanied on an individual basis by a tutoring professor.
The word “Executive” in the name of the DBA refers to the profiles of the students who are professionals with many years of experience and proven business responsibilities.
Who are the instructors?
There are three types of instructors:
- Professors that are recognized in the academic world of international research,
- coaches specializing in personal development and
- human resources leadership and professionals who, by their example, can demonstrate how research can be useful in the business environment.
At least 50% of the contributors are from TBS.