Centers of Excellence
The TBS Education hub for innovation
Our drive for excellence is best illustrated by our Centers of Excellence, which combine our academic departments, research labs and partners in a transverse and strategic manner to form a living lab and ecosystem. Our Centers of Excellence focus on open innovation by testing, validating and honing innovative concepts to design tomorrow’s world.
A constant source of inspiration for our programs
The results of our research feed our couses and programs in order to inspire our students to adopt innovative approaches based on solid research, in order to allow them to suggest new approaches to the companies they work for.
Aerospace & Mobility
TBS Education is firmly rooted in the Toulouse Aerospace industry and provides a Center of Excellence that covers all management topics that are specific to this highly evolving sector.
TBS Education has a long history in educating managers for the aeronautics and aerospace sector, with programs that have been specifically designed to answer the needs of today’s companies:
- Aerospace MBA
- le seul MBA dédié au management aérospatial accrédité par l’association AMBA depuis 2002.
- MSc Aerospace Management
- récompensé par le label de qualité CGE de la Conférence des Grandes Écoles
- Bachelor Aviation Management (with the participation of the ENAC)
- Short and/or tailored Executive Education Programs, such as the Space Business & Applications Specialized Track.
The Center of Excellence in Aerospace & Mobility also pilots high-profile projects with renowned partners from the industry:
- The Sirius Chair
- The SIRIUS Chair is the first international research chair that is fully dedicated to space law and management issues. It is based on an original public-private partnership between TBS, Toulouse 1 Capitole University, the CNES, Airbus Defence & Space and Thales Alenia Space.
- UNIVERSEH – The European UNIVERsity of Space, Earth and Humanity
- Under the aegis of the Federal University of Toulouse, TBS Education participates in the creation of the European Space University of Earth & Humanity, a project launched by the European Commission under the name UNIVERSEH. The project aims to create a university of reference for the space sector in the European Union. The project combines the expertise of recognized players in aerospace education to align key teaching and research skills with the needs of the job market and stimulate the industry, employment as well as increase sustainability in the space sector.
Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics
The Center of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence & Business Analytics aims to become the best research center in France on all topics linked to artificial intelligence and data analysis.
Spearheaded by TBS Education Professor Samuel FOSSO WAMBA, a highly cited and lauded researcher in the academic and professional press, this Center of Excellence covers the following areas of expertise:
- Business analytics
- Internet of Things
- Social network analytics
- Virtual communities
- Companies 3.0, Industries 4.0 & Virtual manufacturers 4.0
- Data science
- Digital Society
- Big Data
- Artificial intelligence
- Decision modeling
- SMART and data-driven decisions
- Data-driven companies
- Information Technology dissemination and adoption
- Corporate value of information technology
Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainable Development
As an employer, a committed knowledge hub and a high-profile local player, TBS Education is a pioneer when it comes to Sustainable Development (SD) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and actively contributes to the 17 sustainable development goals of the United Nations.
Headed by the TBS Education Dean of Research, our CSR Center of Excellence influences our institution via adapted courses, innovative research projects as well as practical actions to stimulate on-campus sustainability and diversity, which even reach our student associations.
This trans-disciplinary approach is designed to train high-potential managers, who see the world in all its complexity, have strong ethical and human values, are conscious of global challenges and have a solid capacity for action and innovation.
- Climate Action Program
- CSR Certificate
- TBS Foundation
- Equal ID
- BDH Best Student Association in France in 2020
Research article — Data-driven market effectiveness: The role of a sustained customer analytics capability in business operations
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
This study's objective is to investigate how a business can achieve data-driven market effectiveness through the sustained application of a customer analytics capability to its operations.
Financial Times 2023 ranking: TBS Education ranks 37th among the world’s business schools
Inspiring EducationMaster In Management
n September 11, 2023, the Financial Times published its international ranking of Masters in Management. TBS Education moves up 13 places to rank among the world's top Management Schools.
Research article — Sustainability and intermodality in humanitarian logistics: A two-stage multi-objective programming formulation: a two-stage multi-objective programming formulation
Intermodality is a valuable approach when infrastructure is damaged, as it allows the use of different delivery modes to reach demand areas. Nevertheless, involving different transportation modes has an impact on the environment.
Research article — Human resource management in the age of generative artificial intelligence: Perspectives and research directions on ChatGPT
Research article — Does Resilience Matter for Supply Chain Performance in Disruptive Crises with Scarce Resources?
Academic ExcellenceFosso Wamba
Research article — Advances in entrepreneurial ecosystem and places: time, space and context
Research article — The Organizational Dynamics of Business Models for Sustainability: Discursive and Cognitive Pathways for Change
Research article — Online Reputation and Debt Capacity
Research article — Value creation by and for entrepreneurs in an entrepreneurial ecosystem: a resource and capability approach
Research article — Marketers on board: The influence of marketing-experienced board members (MEBMs) on firm innovativeness inputs and the moderating roles of CEO job characteristics
Global Executive MBA: a pedagogical partnership between ATR and TBS Education
Research article — Competition and risk taking in local bank markets: Evidence from the business loans segment
Research article — Understanding who avoids single-use plastics and why: A cross-country mixed-method study
Research article — Knowledge development in non-fungible tokens (NFT): a scoping review
Academic PublicationsFosso Wamba
See all the news