MSc Big data, Marketing and Management
Become an expert in AI & Data Science for Business
The Master of Science in Big Data, Marketing & Management provides solid multi-disciplinary training in just 12 months. Acquire an expert skill-set at the junction of Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning, Big Data, Digital Business and Innovation.
Join a top-class program in France
The MSc Big Data, Marketing and Management program ranks #4 among Masters in Business Analytics in France in the QS World University Rankings. The program has also received the CGE Quality Label* (see below).
Fast-track your way to expertise
Learn how to solve today’s business problems and become an essential part of your future company’s decision-making processes. The MSc Big Data, Marketing & Management includes 8 course units, training in Soft Skills, a consulting mission and in-company work experience. You also add two internationally recognized certifications to your skillset:
- Data Visualization: Tableau Desktop Specialist
- Data Science: DELL EMC Data Science Associate (EMCDSA)
Practice with real-life case studies
The program also offers extra opportunities to put theory into practice, such as the yearly Datathon,where students have one week to meet the challenge while honing their skills. During the Datathon, they:
- Apply the acquired knowledge in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Science using a Machine Learning tool as well as data visualisation and business intelligence tools
- Conduct structured consulting work in the framework of a data and artificial intelligence project
- Learn how to handle the pressure of a project limited in time
Networking opportunities with seasoned professionals
Through a close collaboration with more than a dozen industry leaders, startups, and associations, the program confronts students, from the very beginning, with the reality and multi-layered complexity of data-driven marketing and marketing analytics.
*About the CGE Quality Label
The MSc Big Data, Marketing and Management program The program has also received the CGE quality label, a French accreditation for top business school programs. The CGE label guarantees the high quality standards of the program and allows international students to continue to work on French territory after their studies to further fine-tune their expertise.
Why study Artificial Intelligence ?
While Artificial Intelligence is revolutionizing the business world, the explosive growth in the amount of data created by humans and machines continues to accelerate. The limitless potential of AI coupled with the strategic value of data, is engendering a global business paradigm shift: the advent of an AI-driven business era.
Today, professionals evolve in a volatile, fast-changing and technology-driven business environment, and have to acquire new expertise and skills at the junction of Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Machine Learning, Big Data but also Digital Business, Management, and Innovation.
Why Study Artificial Intelligence and Data Science for Business?
- $15.7 trillion potential contribution to the global economy by 2030 and up to 26% boost in GDP for local economies from AI by 2030.
- Spending on AI technologies will grow to about US$100 billion in 2023 (more than 2.5 times the spending level of 2019).
- 50% of organizations report to have adopted AI in at least one business function in 2020.
- AI adopters in 2020 report an improvement of 25% in customer experience, accelerated rates of innovation, higher competitiveness, higher margins, and better employee experience.
This Master of Science prepares you for the following job categories:
- Data Analyst
- Data Strategist
- Data Planner
- Marketing Scientist
- Big Data Consultant
- Data Scientist
- Marketing Strategist
- Expert/Analyst in marketing analysis/ marketing research/CRM/ credit analysis
- Business Data Analyst
- Data Enabler
- Data Visualization Consultant
- Marketing Data Analyst
- Customer intelligence manager
- Operational researcher
- Business Intelligence Consultant
- Data Manager
- Social Data Analyst
Total number of hours: 450h
8 Course units:
1. Data-driven Business & Society
Objective: The successful student will be able to describe and analyse the specificities and challenges induced by the big data phenomenon.
2. Big Data Analytics
Objective : The successful student will be able to prepare the data, to build and estimate models and to extract insight from huge structured and non-structured datasets.
3. Consumer Behaviour
Objective: The successful student will be able to explain the key challenges and latest trends in both consumer behaviour and marketing innovation.
4. Data-driven Marketing
Objective: The successful student will be able to solve marketing problems by applying the most important techniques that are used in data-driven marketing.
5. Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
Objective: The successful student will be able to solve marketing problems and get insights from data by implementing artificial intelligence techniques (including Machine Learning and Deep Learning).
6. Big Data Programming
Objective: The successful student will be able to write advanced computer programs to analyse vast amounts of data.
7. International Perspective in Big Data, Marketing Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
Objective: The successful student will be able to build their own professional network and to facilitate their professional international integration.
8. Business Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Research Methods and Dynamics
Objective: The successful student will be able to write a high-quality scientific report on a topic related to data sciences, business analytics or artificial intelligence.
Soft Skills Training
Certificate designed by 26 professors & leadership and management professionals in collaboration with TBS Career Starter.
“Soft Skills” are intrapersonal and interpersonal skills that create the conditions for a successful and sustainable team and allows to effectively manage your career.
2 Course units:
Management and leadership skills
Objective: Acquire nine key competencies to lead teams and manage your professional career.
Objective: Reveal your talent and make evolutionary choices in accordance with your deep aspirations.
The Career Starter is a support center that helps students define and
develop their career project. Through several lectures, workshops,
individual tests and coaching sessions, a specialist will support each
student from their first questions to looking for the right internship
Coaching: we support you in your reflection on your skills, strengths and areas for improvement. Through personality tests and individual coaching, we link this self-knowledge to your ambitions and career choices.
Personal Branding: you will participate in workshops to build your CV and e-portfolio to best highlight your experiences and skills for your future employers.
A unique exercise that is a major asset in your program!
For the account of prestigious TBS partner companies, students, coached by the professors, carry out a strategic diagnosis aiming to analyze its competitive position, then propose strategic and operational recommendations to meet its challenges.
Examples of partner companies
Aerospace Valley, AIRBUS, Cap Gemini, Comtesse du Barry, Continental Automotive, EY, Hilti, Mars Petfoods, Motorola, Thalès, Rockwell & Collins.
Objective: Increase your brain agility to anticipate and solve complex business issues in your field of expertise.
Each student in this MSc program is required to write a dissertation which addresses a current issue in management from an academic or professional perspective in his field of expertise.
The student thus contributes to the study, analysis, formalization and abstraction of the identified problem.
In-company Work Experience
Students may carry out an internship in the company of their choice for a period of 3 to 6 months. This internship is not mandatory for the validation of the diploma but allows students to obtain 10 additional ECTS credits.
Head of Program
Admission, Fees & Funding
- 4-year Bachelor Degree (240 ECTS) or equivalent
- For programs taught in English: English mother tongue OR TOEFL IBT 80 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 800 / CAMBRIDGE B2 / FCE / CAT 165
- For programs taught in French: French mother tongue OR B2 OR equivalent
MSC Deadline to apply: July 30th
Fees & Funding
Fees : 18 500 €.
The cost of this training includes:
- All academic fees, including business visits.
- Access to our virtual campus and all online educational resources.
- Access to career starter services (CV workshop, business forum, etc.)
- Access to the network of 46,000 alumni.
- SCHOLARSHIP: TBS is entitled to receive higher education scholarship students: mobility grants, state scholarships, merit scholarships (Eiffel, Marie Curie), TBS Foundation scholarships. (contact the school). Learn more about funding opportunities.
- PERSONALIZED SCHEDULE: TBS welcomes students who wish to discuss their personal situation. TBS grants payment schedules from 1 to 4 instalments, or by monthly instalments during the course.
- STUDENT JOBS: our student associations offer paid assignments on behalf of companies or individuals throughout the year.
Discover Toulouse and our MSc Big Data Marketing and Management!
DATATHON 2019 : 24 hours of non-stop competition for our data scientists
The 2019 Datathon is the first edition of the TBS Data Scientist competition. From a dataset and a customer situation faced by corporate partners, students will be challenged to create the best Machine Learning model in a limited time. More than a competition, the TBS Datathon is an educational project designed to apply academic and technical concepts studied during the MSc Big Data, Marketing and Management program.