Responsible Higher Education: from Collaboration to Action
published on 22.06.21
October 13-15, 2021 at TBS Education in Toulouse, France
Joint event of the PRME Chapter France-Benelux & the Conférence des Grandes Écoles (R2D2)
Become part of the sustainable education of the future, where academics, staff members, students and stakeholders all work together towards increasingly responsible education. Come join us to make a collective impact during this high-profile 3-day event!
Driving thought leadership on responsible education
The current pandemic has entailed a renewed sense of urgency regarding the state of our world. This is the right time to take discussions on responsible education to the next level and drive thought leadership for collective action and impact.
Academics & student associations for collective impact
TBS Education is therefore pleased to invite the networks of the French Conférence des Grandes Ecoles – Les Rendez-vous des Référents du Développement Durable (R2D2) and the PRME Chapter France-Benelux to come together and join forces on October 13-15 at the TBS Lascrosses campus in Toulouse, France. The following student associations will also be joining us for the event: RESES, BNEM, BNEI, Pour un réveil écologique and UNEAP.
3 days to share ideas and foster collaboration
The 3-day event offers an excellent opportunity to sustainability representatives of schools and stakeholders to combine forces, ideas and share experiences. It also provides huge potential to create synergies and future collaborations in terms of teaching methods, programs, research projects, campus operations and community outreach.
- Launch of call for proposals: July 6th, 2021
- Opening of event registrations: July 6th, 2021
- Preliminary program posted online: July 15th, 2021
- Deadline to submit proposals: September 20th, 2021
- Closing of event registrations: October 1st, 2021
- Final event program posted online: October 4th, 2021
- Event dates: October 13-15, 2021
Eager to present your sustainability/CSR project during the event?
Participants are encouraged to submit a proposal to present their (school’s) sustainability project/initiative at the event. Proposals are in the areas of sustainability education, research, campus operations and community outreach, or transversal). Should you be interested, please don’t hesitate to follow the link below. The call for submission is closed.
Who can attend?
This event is open to academics, staff members, students and other stakeholders who are interested in promoting sustainable development in higher education (from France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg)
- October 13, 2021: Day organized by R2D2 – CGE & student organizations (in French)
- 09h30 – 18h00: Education for a sustainable future in France (R2D2 focus)
- 19h00: Social event R2D2
- October 14, 2021: Joint day (R2D2, PRME Chapter France-Benelux, student organizations) (in English and French)
- 09h30 – 17h30: Collective Purpose, Scaled Impact (collaborative focus)
- 18h30: Social event PRME Chapter
- October 15, 2021: Day organized by the PRME Chapter France-Benelux (in English)
- 08h00 – 08h45: Guided visit of the Japanese Garden (Compans Caffarelli)
- 09h00 – 16h00: Blueprints for responsible management education (PRME focus)
Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 :
MAISON NOUGARO Museum Boat
6:30 pm : guided tour of the permanent and temporary museum exhibitions on the life, encounters, daily objects and work of local poet and singer Claude Nougaro.
7:30 pm : Dinner on the boat
Thursday, October 14th, 2021
Espace EDF Bazacle / Visit from 6:30pm – 7:30pm
A place of technical discoveries, of flowing poetry and artistic events, the EDF Bazacle Complex is among the cultural locations not to be missed in Toulouse..
Situated in the centre of the city along the Garonne, the EDF Bazacle Complex offers the public diverse experiences: a museum itinerary, a large terrace overhanding the Garonne, temporary exhibitions – some with the support of the EDF Foundation, a photo gallery, a fish pass, guided tours of the active hydroelectric plant.
The Bazacle has been open to the public since 1989 and almost 1.6 million visitors have since discovered this exceptional location.
Dinner at The GRAND CAFÉ de l’OPÉRA – 8:00pm
The Grand Café de l’Opéra is ideally located on the Place du Capitole in front of the Opera building and is a mythical location in the pink city of Toulouse.
You’ll be charmed by the lovely setting and atmosphere of this high-profile restaurant, which evokes the spirit of yesterday’s Parisian brasseries, with their zinc counters, leather seats, large mirrors and white tablecloths.
Chef Gratien Castro adds a creative touch to traditional brasserie dishes and everything is made from scratch. The staff provides professional service with a smile when serving you his high-quality dishes.
PLEASE NOTE that available seating may be limited due to sanitary constraints.
Registration and fees
Registrations for the event open on July 6th, 2021 and close on October 1st, 2021.
- Fees on October 13, 2021
- Day event organized by the R2D2 – CGE & student organizations: €50
- Social event 1 (evening – R2D2): €50
- Fees on October 14, 2021
- Joint day event of the R2D2 & PRME Chapter & Student Organizations: €50
- Social event 2 (evening – PRME): €50
- Fees on October 15, 2021
- Day event organized by the PRME Chapter France-Benelux: €50
Participants are free to compile their own program as they see fit. Please check the boxes of the events you’d like to attend in the registration form below.
Participants are also requested to calculate a carbon offsetting fee, based on their means of transport and city/country of residence. Each participant will be requested to select and pay a complementary fee covering half of their carbon offsetting fee, in addition to the above-mentioned registration fees. TBS engages to pay the other half of the offsetting fee for each participant who contributes to paying their own half and will transfer the entire offsetting fee to its long-term partner PurProjet, engaged in local and global reforestation and conservation projects
In case of any questions about the registration and fees, please contact Laurence Danjou (TBS Education) at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Travel arrangements and accommodation
Don’t miss out & register now!
This event is open to academics, staff members, students and other stakeholders who are interested in promoting sustainable development in higher education while working or studying in France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg. Please note that the conferences will be in English and French and that registration is mandatory to attend the event. Registration closes on October 1st, 2021.
- TBS Education (Contact: Patricia Aublet & Kim Ceulemans)
- PRME Chapter France-Benelux (Contact: Krista Finstad-Milion)
- Conférence des Grandes Ecoles – Les Rendez-vous des Référents du Développement Durable (R2D2) (Contact: Gérald Majou)
- RESES (Contact: Pia Benguigui)
- BNEM (Contact: Coline Seralta)
- BNEI (Contact: Maëlle Darnis)
- Pour un réveil écologique (Contact: Amélie Deloche)
- UNEAP (Contact: Lise Le Bouille)